Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project Everyday

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 10:51 PM
drummerdude is on a distinguished road
Default Project Everyday

I have been lurking around and posting a bit both questions and answers. I thought it would be time to post a bit on what I'm working with and what my plans are.

Began with a 1994 S10 blazer 4x4 bought with about 120,000 miles on it. I have been using this as an every day driver for the past 3 years. While this is still my only vehicle, I have begun to modify and add to it, making it more what I desire. Hopefully, once I have the funds and a secure decent job I will replace my everyday driver and then really dive into the Blazer.

Currently has 140,000 miles on it, runs like a champ. So far I have added a brush guard and fog lights, still waiting to wire up the fog lights, as its been too cold lately.

So wiring the fog lights is on my to do list. Also I have a set of sloted tail light covers that I am going to install once I get the truck washed. I had to modify them b/c when they would be installed you could not access the screws holding in the lens and I dont feel like having to take the covers off to get to the lenses. I also just snagged the OHC out of my parts vehicle, unfortunatly that vehicle had a tan interior and my current has a dark grey. I used Duplicolor fabric and plastic paint. Just finished painting this tonight, hope to install it tomorrow and that it will be a close match. This is only a basic OHC with just lights, so from what I read I should be able to wire in directly at my dome light.

Future plans:
-remote door locks - parts vehicle was my everyday driver until I had an accident and I got used to them, current ride doesnt have them, but if it is easy enough I'd like to install them.
-Remove and repaint tow hitch
-some sort of lift - not so much a physical lift but maybe just larger tires

Hopefully I can get some pictures taken and posted tomorrow when I'm working on it.

Last edited by drummerdude; 01-11-2010 at 10:58 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:55 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Seriously though, build threads are pointless without pics . Get them up asap!!
The plans look good though. What kind of brush guard did you add?

Old 01-12-2010, 04:18 PM

Here are 2 pictures to show what I'm working with. Here you can see the brush guard I added. Flea market find, $10, needed some sandblasting and paint, as well as a set of lower brackets.

Also got the OHC installed today. Wasnt too difficult but wasnt the easiest thing. Ended up using a small piece of wood in the front, and reusing the studs in the back that held up the original dome light. I did however manage to carefully do my connections so if I'd want to I could go back to the factory dome light and only have 1 extra hole in the front. You can see the OHC was originally tan, but the duplicolor worked out well.

Attached Thumbnails Project Everyday-dscf4338.jpg   Project Everyday-dscf4339.jpg   Project Everyday-dscf4342.jpg   Project Everyday-dscf4348.jpg   Project Everyday-dscf4344.jpg  

Project Everyday-dscf4345.jpg  

Last edited by swartlkk; 01-12-2010 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Combining Consecutive Posts - Please use the EDIT function to add additional information to your post if another member has yet to reply. Consecutive Posting is prohibited by the rules of the forum.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:05 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Looking good...

Old 04-01-2010, 09:46 PM

Just checked today for factory remote locks, no luck. Also ran some wires to finally hook up my fog lights. Now I just located on Craigslist someone selling a lighted visor. I'll be looking into purchasing it. Does anyone know how these wire up / mount? I thought I've read somewhere that they use self tapping screws into the roof? Is this the case?

Old 04-01-2010, 09:58 PM
jdespain is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by drummerdude
Just checked today for factory remote locks, no luck. Also ran some wires to finally hook up my fog lights. Now I just located on Craigslist someone selling a lighted visor. I'll be looking into purchasing it. Does anyone know how these wire up / mount? I thought I've read somewhere that they use self tapping screws into the roof? Is this the case?
That and a little bit of silicone around the screws. I think they look real good though.

Old 04-21-2010, 02:52 PM

Update,

I got the tail light covers installed and finished wiring up the fog lights. I hope to have updated pictures up in the next week.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:35 PM
Default update

Well my s10 is no longer my daily driver, but still sees the road a bit. Now has 160,000 but rust has begun to be an issue. The pictures i posted last year show some of the rust. I ended up having a 1" x 4" hole in the rear quarter, 2 holes in the pass. side fender, rust on bottoms of both front doors, and both rockers. Working on cleaning up the fenders right now. In the process I removed the chrome trim around the wheel wells..... Looking for replacements, mine have seen better days. Anyone have a set in decent shape they'd be looking to get rid of?

Old 06-26-2011, 10:52 PM
Cavalier z24 is on a distinguished road

just now i seen this thread for the first time i am also in pa charleroi pa about 30 minutes south of pitts, i have a 94 s10 Tahoe Lt blazer, you may want to look at my build thread for some fixing ideas, i see your having the same issues i had with my blazer as in rust holes which i posted new pics of work i did yesterday with front door rust issues, i used a fiberglass repair kit with fiberglass cloth and risen on the bottom of the door, and then sanded it and used bondo short hair filler, then sanded that down and used regular bondo and sanded and painted, looking forward to see your build come along

here is my build thread https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds...r-build-31732/

Old 06-27-2011, 05:15 AM

yea, looks like I'll be going that route too..... My issue right now is I need to keep it driveable b/c my other car is at the shop for repairs. So the blazer is back to being my everyday driver for now. I got the fenders patched with fiberglass, hoping to be able to bondo them tonight.

Quick Reply: Project Everyday