Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project Fog

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 04:19 AM
foxxie is on a distinguished road
Default Project Fog

This all started with buying a cheap set of foglights a first & not wanting to pay a high price for a 2nd hand nudgebar that would have needed to be mod to fit anyway. Had some steel tubing laying around so why not give it ago.
Started by making up the main bar , cut & welded to match the shape of the front end.

Welded a light protection bar on top [ They were of my compound mitre saw].

Welded on tags for the lights.

Made up lower support brackets.

After drilling the mounting holes in the mounting brackets [to match where the towing eyes are] I had to make up a plate with nuts welded to it & fit these in the brackets & tag weld at the end.

Cut notches in the brackets & mounted in truck, cut light bar to fit.

Cut supports to length & welded caps.

Welded main bar in place, ground all welds & etch primed.

Finished by painting satin black.

Take it easy on me guys this my first build.LOL

Old 11-21-2009, 08:29 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Wow, thats a great job for a custom build!! I was always temped to build my own bull bar or brush guard. I think I'll end up buying one though.
Anyway, nice to see you finally start doing stuff to your truck. The paint and color is in amazing condition on your truck too!

Old 11-21-2009, 08:38 AM
Starting Member
butters is an unknown quantity at this point

not a fan of push bars what so ever but i have to say you did a great job making that one and it really looks nice

Old 11-21-2009, 09:43 AM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, that looks great, I may have to make one of these at school.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:46 AM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Good work.

Old 11-21-2009, 12:02 PM
blajeans is on a distinguished road

Real sweet. Great work man!

Old 11-21-2009, 01:14 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Foxxie! Very cool work. I like the custome tailored look. Doesn't look thrown together, i mean it's meant to fit your ride and is set just right. not over powering smasch em up style, but very cool. There isn't a free range sheep in all of new zealand that's safe from a little "get the F outta my way" love tap now

Old 11-21-2009, 04:44 PM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sisk
Wow, thats a great job for a custom build!! I was always temped to build my own bull bar or brush guard. I think I'll end up buying one though.
Anyway, nice to see you finally start doing stuff to your truck. The paint and color is in amazing condition on your truck too!
Thanks Sisk, I thought it was time to dress her up abit. When I was looking around for one it was the colour that caught my eye.
Originally Posted by ABN31B
Foxxie! Very cool work. I like the custome tailored look. Doesn't look thrown together, i mean it's meant to fit your ride and is set just right. not over powering smasch em up style, but very cool. There isn't a free range sheep in all of new zealand that's safe from a little "get the F outta my way" love tap now
Thanks man, most of the time to do the build was going WTF! do I do next lol. Yeah the sheep will be like going through a bag of Marshmellows now [just joking] it's just the free range cows I'am worried about.LOL

Tanks again guys for your comments.

Old 11-21-2009, 05:05 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Looks awesome!

Old 11-21-2009, 09:11 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Looks great! In the 2nd pic of it primered, is it just the angle of the photo or did you put on a different grille? BTW- whats the name of that color?

Quick Reply: Project Fog