Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project Heartbeat 2000 S10 Blazer 2dr 2wd

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009 | 09:19 AM
|
blazerguy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

im lookin for someone to photoshop me on some sidepipes to see if i like it.

Old 12-08-2009 | 09:47 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Yeah, but my question still stands. Have you crawled under your Blazer to figure out a route for the pipes? There's no point in photoshopping something if it's not possible.

Old 12-08-2009 | 09:58 AM
|

i havent figured that outn yet but thats what i pay the exhaust shop for lol

Old 12-08-2009 | 10:48 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

This has been brought up before... you'll end up routing U-bent pipe under the frame rail for the side pipes, the resulting valley would result in build up of carbon and water and **** wouldn't it?

Old 12-08-2009 | 10:54 AM
|

probably but like i said im just thinking about it right now trying to see if i like the idea and the price to do it you know.

Old 12-08-2009 | 11:04 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Yeah, I just thought I'd point that little issue out though... I looked at the possibility of a dual passenger side exit before the axle, but saw that the frame rail was sort of in my way.

Old 12-08-2009 | 11:15 AM
|

yeah seems like it could be a problem but i will take it to an exhaust shop and see what they say

Old 12-08-2009 | 01:17 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

That's what I was saying all along. There is no way to route around the frame rails that I'm aware of without going under it. Then you lose a hell of a lot of clearance, your pipe will be visible under the truck where it crosses under the frame rail, plus theres the issue with what Pat mentioned - having stuff build up in the U trap.
I'd see what an exhaust shop says though. I don't see it being possible, but you never know. Let us know how you make out.

Old 12-09-2009 | 07:22 PM
|

well the shop says its doable but it will trap stuff and will cost me around 2 grand to do since i would need 2 new cats 2 sidepipe mufflers and covers. im just gonna go with a true dual setup at least that way i can have them put the single extra cat in an just go ahead and cut them both out once i get it back.

Old 12-14-2009 | 09:49 PM
|

so it looks like Project Heartbeat is on hold for the time being. Lack of money means lack of mods.

Quick Reply: Project Heartbeat 2000 S10 Blazer 2dr 2wd