Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project: It's about time.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 07:43 PM
wheninromeSDS is on a distinguished road

I LOVE THE LIGHTS. for the green interior lights, what did you do exactly??

Old 01-13-2012, 12:43 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Ok, for the HVAC, I got 3 of these.

For the window switches I used one of these each.

For the power locks I used one of these each.

For the dome lights I wired up 3, 3w high power leds I got off of ebay.

For the rear defog, rear wiper, and rear hatch popper, I used these.

And for the foot well lights I used one of these in each.

Hope that helps.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:39 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Well I got my evap switch and IAT sensor today. I may put them on tonight, we'll see.

Old 01-14-2012, 03:39 AM
wheninromeSDS is on a distinguished road

Much appreciated. I love seeing the build too!

Old 01-14-2012, 10:27 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

nice upgrades so far but when are you going to do some serious modifications like weld on a lift kit or something lol jk but I do like what you have done so far

Old 01-14-2012, 11:48 AM
BF Veteran

Thanks guys, unfortunately a lift will have to wait until I have money for one. (Not for quite a while. ) On a happier note, I found out that I'm blowing a fuse when I try to pop the rear glass. Seems as though I'm just treading water at this point.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:10 PM
BF Veteran

I got my intake today.

It doesn't look as pretty now as the bracket that holds it in place fell off during wheeling and it started grinding on the alt. pulley. I just need to make a heat shield for it now and get a k&n filter for it too.

While wheeling, I also found out that my 4x4 stopped working for some reason, so now I have two things to hunt down.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Your truck is looking really good! As for the fuse popping my money says you have a wire that is either loose or damaged and when you push the button to pop the hatch it shorts itself out and pops the fuse. Wires are a pain to trace and diagnose but I would start somewhere around the hatch since thats where most of the movement of the wires is happening. Or I could be completly wrong who knows!! Hope it helps and I hope you can figure it out easily.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:49 AM
BF Veteran

Thanks, I'll dig around the tail gate and see what I can find sometime.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Oh and I totally missed the part about the 4x4 not working. I bet its the vacuum system so nows the perfect time to install the posi-lock system. I still think its the best mod I've done yet!!!!!!!!!! HaHa I just hope you get it figured out. Good luck!

Last edited by rexmburns; 01-18-2012 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Some day I'll learn to spell!

Quick Reply: Project: It's about time.