Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project: It's about time.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 02:05 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Just 2 of the 5s and 2 of the 3s. My back door switches don't have places for lights in them. I went with the high power ones.

Edit: Oh, sorry, 5 5mms if you're doing the dash too.

Last edited by Thogert; 01-23-2012 at 02:08 AM.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:09 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by Thogert
Just 2 of the 5s and 2 of the 3s. My back door switches don't have places for lights in them. I went with the high power ones.

Edit: Oh, sorry, 5 if you're doing the dash too.
so wait, all 4 window switches on the driver side just take 1 neo5? They all light up with 1 led?

And give me a little info on the hvac lighting. How many bulbs for that one? I plan on doing the window and lock switches and hvac controls within the next few weeks.

Old 01-23-2012, 02:12 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Yeah all 4 on the drivers controls are one bulb. The hvac is 3 of the pc74 leds. On those I went with the regular leds because the light on those needs to shine out of the sides more than the front/top.

Old 01-23-2012, 02:18 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by Thogert
Yeah all 4 on the drivers controls are one bulb. The hvac is 3 of the pc74 leds. On those I went with the regular leds because the light on those needs to shine out of the sides more than the front/top.
Okay, thanks for the help! I hate how all these led mods add up to a big chuck of change. lol. But I'll eventually get around to changing them all out!

Old 01-23-2012, 02:25 AM
BF Veteran

Yeah tell me about it. The only incandecent bulbs left on mine are the tail lights, or are halogens/hids.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:14 PM
Old Skool Soldier is on a distinguished road

Lol..can you make a list of how many led's for guages, 4x4 button, door switches (all 4) HVAC ect? Maybe list quantity, type and location? I'm an LED noob

-OSS

Old 01-25-2012, 11:01 PM
BF Veteran

I found all of my leds at superbrightleds.com

For 95-97 years:

2 4mm Neo-wedge bulbs for the 2 front power window switches. (One will light up all 4 driver side window controls.)

3 5mm Neo-wedge bulbs for rear wiper, defrost, and hatch pop button.

1 3mm Neo-wedge bulb for the drivers side front door lock. The passenger side door lock is light up by the window control light.

1 3mm Neo-wedge bulb for the window lockout switch.

3 #74 bulbs for the HVAC controls.

3 #74 bulbs for the 4x4 controls.

5 T10/194 bulbs for the gauges. Don't forget to get the twist lock bases for each bulb.

2 T10/194 bulbs for the footwell lights.

4 T10/194 bulbs for the map lights.

1 T10/194 bulb for the license plate light.

And festoon bulbs for the dome lights. I'm not sure on what size.

The rear door window controls don't have lights in them.

For 98+ years:

2 4mm Neo-wedge bulbs for the 2 front power window switches. (One will light up all 4 driver side window controls.)

1 4mm led lights up the whole headlight switch and controls around it. I would suggest a wide angle led for this application. There is an led soldered in place for the rear wiper switch. So if you want that to be a different color, you'd have to solder your own in.

1 3mm Neo-wedge bulb for the drivers side front door lock. The passenger side door lock is light up by the window control light.

1 3mm Neo-wedge bulb for the window lockout switch.

4 #74 bulbs for the HVAC controls.

6 T10/194 bulbs for the gauges. Don't forget to get the twist lock bases for each bulb.

2 T10/194 bulbs for the footwell lights.

2 T10/194 bulbs for the map lights. I think there are only two map lights on the 98+ but if you have 4, then get 4.

2 T10/194 bulbs for the license plate lights.

The 4x4 leds are soldered in, if you want a different color, you would need to solder new ones in.

And festoon bulbs for the dome lights. I'm not sure on what size.

The rear door window controls don't have lights in them.

I think that's it. If you find any differences in the bulbs for your blazer, let me know and I will edit this post.

Last edited by Thogert; 07-20-2012 at 01:16 PM. Reason: A little more info.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:50 AM
Old Skool Soldier is on a distinguished road

You're a goddamn saint. Thankyou to Jupiter and back

-OSS

Old 01-26-2012, 01:34 PM
BF Veteran

Yeah no problem.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Starting Member
scottl1346 is on a distinguished road

how did you do the LED on your lower front lights??

Quick Reply: Project: It's about time.