Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project: K5 restoration

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 02:54 PM
Beginning Member
rxm6 is on a distinguished road

Actually that brings up the question of what it is worth. I'm going to be getting more than just basic insurance on it and they want an estimated market value. I've seen an unrestored, perfect condition vert without an engine sell for $8k and I've also seen an unrestored, perfect condition vert with an engine sell for $8k. So I'm assuming value is around $8k? I don't know really how to judge what it's worth.

Old 05-29-2010, 09:36 PM
blueblazer1982 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rxm6
Actually that brings up the question of what it is worth. I'm going to be getting more than just basic insurance on it and they want an estimated market value. I've seen an unrestored, perfect condition vert without an engine sell for $8k and I've also seen an unrestored, perfect condition vert with an engine sell for $8k. So I'm assuming value is around $8k? I don't know really how to judge what it's worth.

its only worth as much as you think it is. i would say 6k. the 69-73 would probably be worth the most restored. it also depends on your area. some vehicles are worth more in certain areas because they are harder to find. its all based on supply vs demand. if you have very few trucks and a lot of people want them then they are worth more. for example i have a buddy that has a bronco, really early 70 that he is restoring and his insurance is in the 20,000 dollar range. there is very few left and it depends on the condition too.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:39 PM
Starting Member
chiefum is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rxm6

I would get an expert appraisal.........I had mine appraised and I am insured for that value.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:45 AM
JeremyG is on a distinguished road

Nice work!

Can you divulge your supplier for the trim pieces? I'm in desperate need of badging for an 84 K5(K10)

Old 07-02-2010, 03:45 AM
Cavalier z24 is on a distinguished road

Nice work man i love the truck looks great

Old 07-02-2010, 11:23 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by JeremyG
Nice work!

Can you divulge your supplier for the trim pieces? I'm in desperate need of badging for an 84 K5(K10)
Yes, the supplier was the truck which had most of it's trim intact. I did spend a lot of time on ebay looking for the K5Blazer fender badge as those were missing and no one made a reproduction. For an 84, I imagine LMC truck would have the badging you need. Most of the later model K5 pieces have been re-manufactured and I bet you could find what you need there, especially for an 84.

Old 07-03-2010, 12:41 AM
JeremyG is on a distinguished road

yeah, everyone says LMC but nothing comes up when searching for "Badge"... I'm lost... what else would they be called?

Old 07-06-2010, 12:29 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by JeremyG
yeah, everyone says LMC but nothing comes up when searching for "Badge"... I'm lost... what else would they be called?
Try here: http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/bzc/full.aspx?Page=74

Old 07-07-2010, 05:20 PM
Beginning Member
Default new pics

So here's some pics with the body fully restored and the top off. Don't have wheels on yet, waiting for new springs to come in, but still daily driving it.

Had to use some of the un-restored interior to make it drive-able, but it doesn't look too bad. Also got new roll bar padding on there and the passenger mirror finally installed which took a custom made piece of glass to finally fix. Next order of business for the interior is to order my Tuffy console so I don't have to take everything with me when I leave the truck.

Hoping to get springs installed by late July or the start of August and then the new tires and wheels can go on and the exterior will be complete and then on to the carpet and restoring the interior (which I'm dreading)

Last edited by rxm6; 07-07-2010 at 05:33 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:36 PM
blueblazer1982 is on a distinguished road

Looks really nice bro. great job and keep it up.

Quick Reply: Project: K5 restoration