Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Builds (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/)
-   -   Project: Little Big Truck! (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/project-little-big-truck-87964/)

lazyboyjake 03-07-2015 05:49 PM

I was kind of hoping you would find a way to mount it to your roof basket since I have the same basket and I was planning on stealing your mounting idea but I'd rather not put holes in my roof. It looks good though!

TMR_BLAZER 03-07-2015 11:11 PM

Jake, let me tell you man the holes are no big deal, they are all sealed up and concealed from the inside.

the basket would be to shaky and to far back, other wise i would have gone that route.

the light bar is no joke though. feels good to have that much light at the push of a button, I can see how it could get me in a lot of trouble.
I pulled into a gas station at 1 AM with it on and the woman pumping gas next to me threw a fit, telling me how I should be ticketed for being so inconsiderate. I found it mildly entertaining but took her warning with a grain of salt because cops don't mess around out here.

lazyboyjake 03-08-2015 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by TMR_BLAZER (Post 645518)
Jake, let me tell you man the holes are no big deal, they are all sealed up and concealed from the inside.

the basket would be to shaky and to far back, other wise i would have gone that route.

Yeah, I'm hoping I can find a way around the holes though. It would be hard to justify it to my dad and seeing as this is my first car I am expecting to sell it at some point down the road so I don't want to do anything drastic like that in case I want to take the bar off.

And I know what you mean when you're talking about the light output. I have a little 20" bar on my brush guard and that thing is bright as mess. I couldn't imagine how bright a 42" bar would be.

Shotz9910 03-13-2015 10:49 PM

I don't know if anybody already asked this.. but what roof rack did you get? Looks really good and im looking for one for mine!

Thanks

TMR_BLAZER 03-14-2015 08:03 AM

go to ebay and type in universal roof basket, it was the one for like 89$, thanks for the compliment

TMR_BLAZER 03-14-2015 08:05 AM

here is the roof basket Shotz
Black Universal Roof Rack Cargo Car Top Luggage Holder Carrier Basket Travel SUV | eBay

MatthewRM18 03-17-2015 05:05 PM

What was the size of the wheels that you have, I know they are 15 inch MB TKO's, but what backspacing and all? Thanks, your rig looks great.

TMR_BLAZER 03-18-2015 05:06 AM

I believe they are 15x9.5 or 15x9 with 4.5 inch back spacing on 10.5x31 tires but its 6 am so i could be wrong lol. The paper work is in my tool box at work I will check today and get back with you.
Thanks for the compliment

Miami_Blazer 06-12-2015 05:32 PM

clean looking blazer man and thanks for the info on the light bar, been looking for one that isnt 500 bucks lol