Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project money pit.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2021, 02:37 PM
BritishColumbiafishing is on a distinguished road
Default Project money pit.

2002 blazer bought with 120 000km
I was eligible for bg oil lifetime protection plan so I bought it
Went with rc 2.5 lift kit
change ball joints, inner outer tie rods, sway bar link a bit longer, idler, pitman, leaf springs, cv axles
Separate trans cooler

so this is my everyweevend backroad fishing truck

I'm headed up to a lake up a mountain one weekend (4×4 trail) and I hear a grindingrinding Out of the t case, needed a new one in the end, luckily my bg oil warrenty coverd it all.

Then another weekend I pop a cv axle that needed
Then the fuel pump.goes way up in the backroads with nothing around
she's fixed now
But now my transfer case motor needs replacement
my evap sensor is on and I now have metal shards in my differential, luckily the diff is fully covered with bg oil.
All in all the blazer is a money pit but I still love it 😅

Old 06-22-2021, 02:43 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Nice! Looks like it's still got alot of life left for sure! Would love to make a trip out to bc one of these days, wife and I keep talking about it lol

Old 08-31-2021, 08:37 PM
reway is on a distinguished road

The blazer looks sweet!! I love the bull bar.

Old 08-31-2021, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by reway
The blazer looks sweet!! I love the bull bar.

Thanks man, she has cost me alot because of the way i treat her. I treat her like an irishmans wife😅😂 just spewed ut a ton of grease from a cv. Just replaced it today. Now im gunna try to fit these 31×10.5 r15

Old 08-31-2021, 09:21 PM

Nice! I just got done fitting 31’s the other day but I put a 2” body lift and 2” lifted shackles with 1.5” t bar crank before. Still needed to trim some and take the lowest fender liner bolts off so it doesn’t rub anymore. If you are ever in the okanagan we should go wheeling though!

Old 08-31-2021, 09:32 PM

Nice! I just got done fitting 31’s the other day but I put a 2” body lift and 2” lifted shackles with 1.5” t bar crank before. Still needed to trim some and take the lowest fender liner bolts off so it doesn’t rub anymore. If you are ever in the okanagan we should go wheeling though!
Did you have any rubbing on the sway bar, that's my concern, I couldnt find any offset wheels so I settled with pro comp 51, now I'm considering spacers...considering. but yeah man definitely if I'm in the okanagan we shall wheel! I'm on Instagram but no Facebook keaton_sarafis

Old 08-31-2021, 10:22 PM

Yeah I have the pro comp 51 with 4.5in backspacing aswell. No rubbing on the frame or sway bar. Don’t forget your hubcentric rings like I did!

Old 08-31-2021, 10:44 PM

Yeah I have the pro comp 51 with 4.5in backspacing aswell. No rubbing on the frame or sway bar. Don’t forget your hubcentric rings like I did!
woah dude I totally would have, thanks alot. What size?? where did you get them from?

Old 09-01-2021, 11:38 AM

I got 70.3mm to 83.82mm aluminum rings from justfotwheels.com. I called 4 wheel parts and asked them what size the rims were and they told me 3.3in.

Old 09-01-2021, 09:09 PM

I got 70.3mm to 83.82mm aluminum rings from justfotwheels.com. I called 4 wheel parts and asked them what size the rims were and they told me 3.3in.
So your telling me your running 31s with no rubbing with the pro comp steelies, I just purchased the exact same 1s, but I'm stressing that I'll rub on the sway bar hard. What year and what model blazer do you have I have a 4 door 2002 . And stressing right now looking at 1inch spacers and all this bull****

Quick Reply: Project money pit.