Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project: RavenBlaze

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 10:59 PM
giod is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Project: RavenBlaze

I've been meaning to start a build thread for my Blazer but been too busy to do it. So here it finally is.

Purchased my truck in February of '09.

Specs:

'99 S-10 Blazer
4x4x4
207k when I bought it, just rolled over to 218k.
LS "Totah Special Edition" from Totah Chevrolet in Arizona.
Purchased for $400 from my aunts co-worker.

Done so far:
- New left fender, headlight, bumper light, and bumper.
- New black Xtreme grille.
- Replaced both front hub assemblies (both were bad when I bought it).
- 16' Xtreme wheels and 235/60/16 Goodyear Eagles.
- New front shocks (they were so bad that my wheels hit the fenders when I hit the dip at the end of my street even though theres a good 5in of clearance).
- New front brakes (there was almost no material left on the pads)
- New fluids in everything but the transmission and dif's (Oil looked like molasses).
- Realigned driver door and replaced lock mech (why does GM make one of the most used parts out of plastic?).
- New TPS.
- New head gasket.
Halloween night I went to this Field of Screams thing that was more like the Field of Mud. When We got ready to leave my blazer got stuck and I couldn't get it to move (rear wheels were down to the center cap). I made the mistake of letting a stranger try to get it out. He put it in 4lo and WOT'ed it for about 15 seconds. That ended up toasting the head gasket and TPS but its fixed now and purs like a kitten.
- Fixed 4x4
- LED dome and floor lights custom made

To Do:

- CAI.
- 2in suspension lift and 2in body lift.
- Some killer A/T's.
- New back glass (the previous owner just siliconed the wrong glass in. I have the panel to a 98 or something ( my 3rd brake light is on the truck where as this glass has the 3rd brake light on the glass panel)).
- New right fender
- New hood
- Paint

BTW: the reason for the new fenders, headlight, etc. is it was wrecked when I got it.

Pics the day I bought it:

I'll get new pics tomorrow...

Last edited by giod; 01-20-2010 at 09:22 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:49 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Can't wait to see the progress on this. I love the color of your truck.

Old 01-02-2010, 10:46 AM

Thanks Sisk,
Yea I was thanking about changing the color when I get it painted. But if I can get it matched I may keep it.
The panels I haven't replaced need to be de-striped and de-Totahed lol. The penstripes are horrible and faded and theres a big ugly circle between the rear door and rear glass that says "Totah Special Edition" and its faded and horrible looking. Guess its time to get an Eraser lol.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:30 PM

Fixed my 4x4 and heater today! My floor vents haven't worked and my defrost isn't very good. And my 4x4 has never worked. Realized today that when I put in my new fender I never hooked the vac line back up to the vac reservoir in the fender.

Went out today and found the hose thats just been sitting there behind the brake booster, plugged in it and my floor vents and defrost worked great, but my 4x4 still no worky.

So then I followed the vac lines around and found a hole just beneath the sheathing on the line between the actuator and the 4x4 vacuum actuator. Covered it with electrical tape, started the truck and walla 4WD!!! Going tomorrow to buy all new vac lines.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:50 AM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Looks like you got your work cut out for you ^-^ Good luck! Can't wait to see more progress

Old 01-23-2010, 08:53 PM

Washed and waxed her today, new pics in garage gallery.

Figured out my rear passenger door jam switch is what's keeping my interior lights on. Went to get a new one but wouldn't you know there not in stock. Oh well It'll be here Monday.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:58 AM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Lookin' awesome! Love the xtreme wheels, look so custom on your truck

Old 01-25-2010, 04:06 PM

Thanks man.