Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project SS

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 11:53 PM
Allwaysblazin is on a distinguished road
Default Project SS

Hi all, new to the forum here. I want to thank everyone for all the insightful information. I am now fully aware that I have just acquired a money pit. Im not sure that I really care or not, I just love this tank. The story goes ..... My wifes aunt just passed ( she is now at the big NASCAR track in the sky) and she left me her 2000 Blazer. She knew I always had a liking for it. This truck is mint except for all the burn holes in the driver seat. Only 84,325 miles on it. I dont think anyone has ever ridden as a passenger in it (seriously). Well this is my first ever 4x4 so im gonna fix it up. Im really excited. Ill have to go slow on it though because this is my second love ( im in the middle of restoring a 1977 Toyota Celica hatchback). In my first week of owning the blazer I have done the following: Washed the cr*# out of it, shampoo'd the carpet ( cig smoke...YUK), Removed all the side moulding and emblems, Changed the plugs, wires , cap, and rotor, replaced the a/c low pressure switch, changed the oil and filter, replaced air filter, replaced every vacuum line, And today I spent installing a Pioneer video head unit that I had sitting around. Cant drive without my IPOD. My plans are for a shackel and torsion lift, this here 2" body lift I purchased at the local 4x4 parts store, A set of Ion 171 15x8 rims and either a set of Mickey Thompson MTZ or the new Goodyear MT/R with kevlar 31 10.5 15, a roofrack and lights. Oh and the reason for the name SS, I use to have a red 1996 S-10 SS. Im going to badge this one up like it (I miss that truck, it was bad a*#). Im going to attempt to post some pictures now. Once again thanks everyone.

Attached Thumbnails Project SS-img_4475.jpg   Project SS-img_4481.jpg   Project SS-img_4483.jpg   Project SS-img_4486.jpg   Project SS-img_4490.jpg  

Last edited by rriddle3; 10-12-2010 at 08:18 PM. Reason: RESIZED PHOTOS TO FOLLOW FORUM GUIDELINES
Old 10-11-2010, 11:45 PM

Well nobody has anything to say about my boring plain truck . Thats OK Ill get it looking exciting soon. My wife and I went to a camping and moonshine drinking party this weekend. I didnt want to get my carpet all dirty so I took some leftover utility carpet and cut me out a quick mat. I think Im going to leave it. Me likey. I got a Yakima Load Warrior off craigslist today. I got a smokin deal on it. I love craigslist. Still waiting on all the parts I ordered. Ill get to turning some wrenches when it all arrives. till then...

Attached Thumbnails Project SS-img_4535.jpg   Project SS-img_4545.jpg   Project SS-img_4549.jpg  

Last edited by rriddle3; 10-12-2010 at 08:24 PM. Reason: RESIZED PHOTOS TO FOLLOW FORUM GUIDELINES
Old 10-12-2010, 02:24 AM
808ra29 is on a distinguished road

Cool nice truck!! I'm pretty new to these things too. Just picked up a 93 jimmy 4door. What really got my attention was your "other" project! I got me a ra29 too! Lots of work there. Still don't really know what to do with it.

Well GL with the build on both projects

mike

Old 10-12-2010, 06:38 AM
R2P
Starting Member
R2P is on a distinguished road

Wow, very nice condition. I'm liking the headunit. Might as well get some subs and good door speakers now.

Old 10-12-2010, 08:56 AM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Truck looks good and I like your build plan.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:23 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Lookin good....

Is that player double din? is your opening only 1.5?

Old 10-12-2010, 10:24 AM

Thanks all. Yes it is a double din. 3/8's off the top and 3/8's off the bottom, then lots of fine tuning with the file. I use to charge big money at my old stereo shop for doing that modification. It really sucked having to do it for free. Like 5 hours. For anyone interested in old celicas, check out my other build. http://www.1stgencelica.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4122

Old 10-12-2010, 12:10 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

you made the double din work in yours. I've seen some real hack jobs when making the din and a half a double din. Looks like you want to do a lot of similar things I've done to my blazer. check out my build thread for some ideas

and it won't let me check out your celica I guess you have to have an account to view it...

Old 10-12-2010, 02:21 PM

Yes I have already been checking out your thread Benedict. I love your truck. Exactly as Imagine one should look like. Sorry you cant see the Celica thread. I wouldnt know how else to attatch it. Its cool though.

Old 10-12-2010, 07:59 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Good looking truck you got.
Also, I never thought I would say this to a guy, but nice (Yakima) rack!

Quick Reply: Project SS