Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project: Tofunater's Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 08:32 PM
Beginning Member
tofunater is on a distinguished road
Default Project: Tofunater's Blazer

Well thanks to this site, I got a bug in my *snip* and decided to spruce up my blazer.
Sorry for the picture dump haha

I just had the transmission rebuilt, so while it was pulled, I pulled the front end and sanded, primed, painted with enamel and then clear coated the frame behind the front end and the tow hooks.

I then used krylon fusion on the valence and then clear coated that as well.

I also re did the front symbol, but being a '97 I struggled to get the stock gold paint off. I'll probably end up swapping for a 98's symbol.

I also debadged the whole thing and blacked out the mudflaps.

Next up I'm going to fill the bump stops and repaint them a semi gloss black.

Last edited by TripleBlackBlazer; 06-23-2010 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Language - please keep it family friendly. Thank you
Old 06-22-2010, 11:13 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

hey, how did you replace the shifter? mine is fastened on with adhesive and i'm skeptical of taking it off if i can't return it right to stock

Old 06-23-2010, 12:03 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by MTopper
hey, how did you replace the shifter? mine is fastened on with adhesive and i'm skeptical of taking it off if i can't return it right to stock
Here are the instructions for removing the *** and shift boot.
http://www.redlinegoods.com/Blazer9598install.shtm
I got the boot custom made by these guys in exchange for being their guinea pig and making those instructions haha.
As for the housing, you need to remove the two bolts from the cup holders, and the two screws under the cd compartment. From there you just work it a little to break up the adhesive that holds it to the carpet. Don't worry, you wont damage anything

Old 06-23-2010, 12:24 PM
BF Veteran

i know the center console, i've take it out a few times here and there haha. its actually been out of my truck for that last 2 weeks. i just wanted to know about the actual shifter. i'll read your directions. thanks man

Old 06-23-2010, 01:16 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

WOW That looks awesome so far!

/me has to get seat covers / steering wheel cover (what size was the wheel cover?)

You should totally de-trim it! (rear bumper leaves holes.. I'm putting putty on them now, getting ready to paint, and front bumper trim doesn't wanna come off)

Edit: oh yeah I've painted my mudflaps to Was thinking about putting red stickers on.. not sure though.

Old 06-23-2010, 02:16 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

looking good. and thanks to this forum you will probably want to continue to sink money in your car :P

Old 06-23-2010, 03:37 PM
BF Veteran

we love our "cars", don't let old Skool see that 84blazer. but seriously, our trucks are too easy to fix, maintain, and customize not to drop loads of money into haha

Old 06-23-2010, 05:55 PM
Starting Member
Frankiesurf is on a distinguished road

I hope that puddle under the truck is from a recent oil change.

Nice job so far though.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:17 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by MTopper
i know the center console, i've take it out a few times here and there haha. its actually been out of my truck for that last 2 weeks. i just wanted to know about the actual shifter. i'll read your directions. thanks man
In that case, there is just a little horse shoe clip in the back of it that you have to pry out with a flat blade

Originally Posted by CraigSnedeker
WOW That looks awesome so far!

/me has to get seat covers / steering wheel cover (what size was the wheel cover?)

You should totally de-trim it! (rear bumper leaves holes.. I'm putting putty on them now, getting ready to paint, and front bumper trim doesn't wanna come off)

Edit: oh yeah I've painted my mudflaps to Was thinking about putting red stickers on.. not sure though.
I don't remember the size of the wheel cover as its been almost 2 years, but they were an autozone special

Originally Posted by Frankiesurf
I hope that puddle under the truck is from a recent oil change.

Nice job so far though.
I've got a little drip drip, I'm hoping that it can be attributed to just having replaced the main seal and its just a little extra that snuck out around the new seal. BUt if it doesn't stop, I'll have to have a look see again

Thanks for all the positive feed back guys, hopefully if the tornado warnings and rain go away for awhile, I can get some more painting done.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:24 PM
BF Veteran

don't worry. i too have the warnings, i get them about 3-4 hours after they hit you so

like right now, tornado warnings, huge thunder storm with down pours

Last edited by MTopper; 06-23-2010 at 09:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Project: Tofunater's Blazer