Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project Trail Savy (1996 S10 4x4)

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 12:44 PM
zgilbert is on a distinguished road
Default Project Trail Savy (1996 S10 4x4)

Background Info:
This is my first car. I am a 16 year old new driver who has done most of the work on this blazer myself. I am upgrading this blazer to a leval where I can enjoy it offroading on the weekends doing some easy trails but it still needs to be comfortable to ride on the street.

What I started with:
I started with a 1996 S10 blazer 4x4 with 142,000 miles on it.

So far:
So far I repainted the rooftop cargo rack. Took off the old running boards. Then I did some paint work repainting the wheel well area. New infinity speakers

Future upgrades:
Im looking for some sort of bull bar for the front.
Pro comp rock crawler rims.
New pinstriping and 4x4 stickers.
New spark plugs.
zmax

I will post pictures of the project as I get time to upload them

Thanks for checking it out if you have any tips in how to complete the upgrades I am looking at doing please post tips bellow.

Old 11-28-2009, 12:59 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

What, no plans for a lift? lol.
You need to get pics up asap.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:52 PM

Yea i know pics should be up sometime this week. I would do a lift but i dont have that much cash right now haha

Old 11-28-2009, 02:30 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

You know you could do a 2" shackle and tbar lift for about $60 (for parts, installed yourself). You could take the money you were going to spend on silly 4x4 decals and put it towards that. Just a suggestion

Old 11-28-2009, 02:50 PM

how hard are they to install. Im no expert at anything do it urself haha all i have is basic tools aswell nothing advanced? but if its easy to install i would deffinetly look into it

Old 11-28-2009, 03:03 PM

Also since by blazer came with practicly new tires im not changing rim size when i go to the pro comps. That meens that im sticking with my 15 inch rims, how would a 2 inch lift look with 15 inch rims? i dont want the rims to look lost.

Old 11-28-2009, 03:57 PM
Starting Member
Brianator99 is an unknown quantity at this point

As far as the difficulties of the shackles are concerned I'm pretty sure you can handle it. The hardest part is removing the old shackles which in my case I had to burn out the old bushings.
As for your other question what size are your stock tires?

Old 11-28-2009, 05:06 PM
BF Veteran

they are pretty easy to install. you will only have problems if your bolts are seized. either way im sure you can handle it. there is tons of info on shackles if you do a quick search. as for the rim size its not rims you should be worrying about. you will want to get some bigger tires (31s probably) the rim size can be stock. the tires will fill any space added by the lift. again, if you want more info just take a peek around the lift tech board.

Old 11-28-2009, 05:35 PM
Starting Member
Dbrown843 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by zgilbert
Also since by blazer came with practicly new tires im not changing rim size when i go to the pro comps. That meens that im sticking with my 15 inch rims, how would a 2 inch lift look with 15 inch rims? i dont want the rims to look lost.
man i got a 6" lift with 15" rims.
it actually looks pretty mean man

Old 11-28-2009, 06:19 PM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

Lets see these pictures

What size tires are on it now? I did a 2 inch body and had my stock sized tires while waiting for my new tires and wheels to be delivered and it didn't look bad at all.

Quick Reply: Project Trail Savy (1996 S10 4x4)