Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Rick's 1995 S10 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 07:46 PM
Starting Member
RMBlazernut is on a distinguished road

its been awhile since ive updated my project truck..Back in december while driving to work, i was going down the freeway and the right front wheel snapped the lug studs off and off came the wheel...upon trying to slow the truck down i broke a brake line, all i can say is ..it was a ride i will never forget.. suprisinly other than the brake line , backing plate, and rotor , not much damaged happened to the truck so i had it towed 60 miles back home and now im in the rebuilding stage. The weather is starting to turn nice here so hopefully i can get going on this project again full steam. I will get some pics up as soon as possible.

Rick

Old 04-10-2011, 08:33 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

glad to here your ok, i hope i never exp anything like that....not fun i imagine.
that happen on 75?

keep the pics a coming

Old 04-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Starting Member

nope on 23.. right by clyde rd..yeah it wasnt fun..

Rick

Old 04-10-2011, 09:35 PM
pmzusmc is on a distinguished road

GLad to hear you are ok brother, could have been very bad.......

Old 04-10-2011, 09:40 PM
Starting Member

yeah it could have been..seatbelts work wonders..i will get some pics up tomorrow after i get home from work..

Rick

Old 04-12-2011, 07:36 PM
Starting Member

ok did some body work yesterday and found this after a little sanding..the only bad spot on the truck bewsides the rocker panels..

i posted over in the paint and body section but maybe i can get some answers here..i would just cut it out and add a new piece but i dont have access to a welder..how would some of you go about fixing this..i was thinking about glassing it in..whatever i do it needs to stand up to michigan winters..

Rick

Old 09-20-2011, 06:35 PM
Starting Member

Its been awhile since i last posted, ok a long while, but life throws you a curve ball sometimes and i forgot to swing at it. got alot done on the truck since the last post. Frame finally got straighten out. got all the bummpers and grill to line up finally. didnt get to work on it much last winter as i didnt get heat out to the polebarn like i wanted to and i just cant get motivated to go out in a 25 degree polebarn and work.. I have done some body work. still need to do the rocker panels and the rear quarter panel. Since its been on the road and now im done driving it for the winter im going to relace every front end part on the truck. still looking for some wheels also. I will try to get pics up this weekend after i do somemore work.

Rick

Old 09-20-2011, 08:31 PM
Starting Member

here is a pic of it with the bumper on it all lined up.

much more work to do

Rick

Old 09-27-2011, 05:55 PM
Starting Member

ok i got the new rear bumper on to test fit and see how it looks and it lokks great..as soon as i get a new camera i will take some pics for you all to view. my camera on my phone is not that good... Im also in the process of rebuilding the entire front end .. everything on the front end will be completely new..yeaaaaaaaaaaa..

Rick

Old 12-05-2012, 08:11 PM
Starting Member

ok im getting back to work opn the truck..i got a little distracted as a friend of mine gave me a 67 chevy II nova so ive been working on that. Any back to this build. I got the new front end under the truck finally. While i was doing that i noticed the the ears to the transaxle were broken off, so my plans have changed a little. I'm going to disengage the 4wd from the truck and make it a 2wd, i have another blazer i can drive in the winter so this truck will get driven in the warmer weather months. Things i plan on doing are

1) remove front drive line
2) remove cv axles
3) re-install outer cv joint to hold bearings together
4) lower the truck ..going to go 3/3 front and rear

now my question

i know you can lower the front end by the torsion bars, but ive been told i will wear out front end parts very quickly( with new parts i dont really want to do this) so whats the best way to lower the front end. im thinking drop down spindles.

I'm going to take pics tomorrow after work so stay tuned.

Rick

Quick Reply: Rick's 1995 S10 Blazer