Go Back  Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums > General > Builds
Reload this Page >

Seeking thoughts and opinions

Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Seeking thoughts and opinions

  #1  
Old 03-10-2019, 10:25 PM
Advorak99's Avatar
New Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 2
Advorak99 is on a distinguished road
Default Seeking thoughts and opinions

Has anyone put super duty axels from a f250 under a blazer ? 🤔 front and rear
 
  #2  
Old 03-11-2019, 04:46 AM
cleburne red's Avatar
Super Member
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,601
cleburne red will become famous soon enough
Default

Those axles would be much wider than stock, not much of the tire would be under the truck, I bet.

Which isn't a problem, if that's what you're going for. Might run into issues getting it inspected, unless you do some kind of fender flare (depending on how strict your local municipality is)
 
  #3  
Old 03-11-2019, 09:26 AM
blazen_red_4x4's Avatar
Super Member
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Lake City, Florida
Posts: 1,287
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road
Default

Agreed, those are very wide axles for a small SUV...

Buddy at work SAS'ed his 2wd Silverado with F350 axles and they're wide even on that, but that also might be because of his aftermarket wheels and tires he went with...
 
  #4  
Old 03-11-2019, 02:49 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 357
Tom A is on a distinguished road
Default

Those axles are actually pretty popular for that swap because they're fairly inexpensive and readily available. The wheels will definitely stick out of the fenderwells but, if you use positive-offset wheels and reasonable-width tires, it won't be too bad. Here's a picture of mine on full-width axles (negative offset wheels and wide tires) so you can see kind of a worst case scenario.


 
  #5  
Old 03-11-2019, 03:05 PM
cleburne red's Avatar
Super Member
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,601
cleburne red will become famous soon enough
Default

Tom, that's actually not as bad as I thought it would be. I'm sure a lot of it is the fender flares, but more backspacing on the rims would tuck them under a little better also.

What width tires are those?
 
  #6  
Old 03-11-2019, 03:09 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 357
Tom A is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally Posted by cleburne red View Post
Tom, that's actually not as bad as I thought it would be. I'm sure a lot of it is the fender flares, but more backspacing on the rims would tuck them under a little better also.

What width tires are those?
The tires are 37x14.50-15 on 10" wide wheels with about 4" of backspacing. I'm pretty sure if you used a wheel designed for an IFS vehicle (like a later-model Chevy pickup) and a 12.50 tire, it would sit mostly under the fender. I ran that setup on a Dakota I built years ago, and it didn't look weird at all.
 
  #7  
Old 03-11-2019, 04:26 PM
cleburne red's Avatar
Super Member
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,601
cleburne red will become famous soon enough
Default

Originally Posted by Tom A View Post
The tires are 37x14.50-15 on 10" wide wheels with about 4" of backspacing. I'm pretty sure if you used a wheel designed for an IFS vehicle (like a later-model Chevy pickup) and a 12.50 tire, it would sit mostly under the fender. I ran that setup on a Dakota I built years ago, and it didn't look weird at all.

Holy crap those are big tires!
 
  #8  
Old 03-11-2019, 04:45 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 357
Tom A is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally Posted by cleburne red View Post
Holy crap those are big tires!
I told ya, lol.
 
  #9  
Old 03-11-2019, 08:41 PM
cleburne red's Avatar
Super Member
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,601
cleburne red will become famous soon enough
Default

Might look into full size axles when I get tired of breaking ifs junk and do the inevitable SAS.

I've been under the impression that 80+ wagoner axles were the only leaf spung option stronger than D30s
 
  #10  
Old 03-11-2019, 09:13 PM
Advorak99's Avatar
New Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 2
Advorak99 is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally Posted by Tom A View Post
Those axles are actually pretty popular for that swap because they're fairly inexpensive and readily available. The wheels will definitely stick out of the fenderwells but, if you use positive-offset wheels and reasonable-width tires, it won't be too bad. Here's a picture of mine on full-width axles (negative offset wheels and wide tires) so you can see kind of a worst case scenario.

holy crap that thing looks good. What kinda transfer case are you using ?
 

Last edited by Advorak99; 03-11-2019 at 09:44 PM.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Seeking thoughts and opinions


Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.