Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Service Vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 02:11 PM
2strokejoe is on a distinguished road
Default Service Vehicle

Well I'm a new member here to the forum. I have a passion for offroading. I do a lot of atv riding and realized if we have any kind of probelms we have no vehicles to get to us down the trail. I have a stock 1995 blazer i picked up for 500 bucks. Im thinking of making it trail worthy; minor suspension mods (it just has to be a little taller to get through ruts doesnt have to compete in baja), additional lighting for when we need to do service work on the trail. and lots of storage conversions for tools, first aid, etc. I hope to make this into a rig that is able to meet us in the trail to pick up a hurt rider or carry tools to fix a quad or whatever. Ill try to post updates with my build periodically. Let the work begin!

Old 04-09-2012, 08:34 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

if its just a turd, cut the fenders and slap some 31s on it. or 33s if you really dont care about the body.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:46 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Yeah you can twist the tortion bar adjusters to lift the front up 2-3 inches and buy shackles to do the same for the back for about 50 smackeroos. Doesnt ride very nice cranked up, but it will give you more ground clearance.

Old 04-09-2012, 10:17 PM

yeah, I dont mind shaving a little bit. From what ive been reading anything bigger than a 31 inch tire and your hitting the frame though with stock wheels. Ive only ever modded lifted full size trucks so I'm new to the smaller trucks so I'll have to do a little measuring and maybe get some different rims to change backspacing. I would like to make it pretty road worthy as well, cause im thinking it might get used as a chase vehicle when we ride point to point rides so that means it would also see a lot of highway miles. It has around 170000 miles on it. The motor seems to run strong though. I replaced the vaccum lines, coolant hoses, water pump, plugs, wires, air filter, fuel filter, and brake pads and rotors up front. Gonna do all fluids soon anything else to check or replace that you can think of, the high mileage makes me a little worried about making it a chase vehicle.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:46 AM
Chris SkinnyWhitekid Weber is on a distinguished road

yeah I would say exactly what they said. Get some 31 inch tires and just do it as cheap as possible. You need somethign to get those wheelers out of the woods sometimes. Here is a video of a newer blazer sitting on 31 tires. video of blazer on 31 tires

Old 04-10-2012, 09:41 AM

Yeah thats virtually what i want this blazer to look like. With the 31s it should be able to get down the trail. And Im almost certain it will get a winch so shouldn't be a problem. Now i got to get the interior work planned out i know i need racks for tools and i think i want to maybe figure out a way to put in like a small on board air compressor cause that sure comes in handy when you blow a tire off a bead. And since a few people we ride with are usually EMT's or MFR's they usually know what to do in an emergency situation so i might leave space to put a back board in so we can take someone out to the nearest road to get an ambulance. Hopefully we would never need that though