Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

slow blazer build

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 11:02 PM
Beginning Member
outtarange is on a distinguished road
Default slow blazer build

Hello everyone I've been kicking around the idea of a s10 sas build, but i was't able to decide from a pickup or a blazer. Then while doing some research I came acroos "atvwarrior"s thread, and that settled it blazer it is... so my younger brother had one he took on trade for some mud truck, i looked it over and I bought it off him with a blown motor and no tranny or tcase for $400

The plan is to do a 350 swap and use sky manufacturing's conversion kit to sit it on chevy 1/2 ton axles and 35's. I plan on using this truck in the silver lake sand dunes, and maybe a little two tracking. I started tearing into it to get everything ready and here is where its at now

Last edited by outtarange; 05-13-2012 at 11:14 PM. Reason: can't get photos to apear
Old 05-14-2012, 11:12 AM
jbw23 is on a distinguished road

Gonna be a lot of work and a long process, good luck! Can't wait to see this build start!

Old 05-14-2012, 11:43 AM
Beginning Member

That's why I titled it the slow build, lol, well this years a bad year for work so they have us working straight 40's. So should have plenty of time to work on it.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:01 PM
Carrico4 is on a distinguished road

instead of chevy half tons, use a ford or waggy axles, forget the year on the wags but they are driver drop so you can use the same tcase, and the steering wont cost that much either if you go with a ford front or jeep front.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:41 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Carrico4
instead of chevy half tons, use a ford or waggy axles, forget the year on the wags but they are driver drop so you can use the same tcase, and the steering wont cost that much either if you go with a ford front or jeep front.
See i was gonna do that but this blazer has no tranny or tcase, and i have the 350 and a 208 transfer case, i just need to find a turbo 350 to bring them together, and with all the scapping buddies i have i should be able to get a few rather cheep Like this visor i picked up today for $25 pretty good deal i think

Old 05-14-2012, 09:58 PM

ok, idk you didnt have the trans/tc but now i see, looking forward to see this done..btw s10forum has a wealth of info on there too, mainly where my build is at, but i update this once in a while.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:04 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Carrico4
ok, idk you didnt have the trans/tc but now i see, looking forward to see this done..btw s10forum has a wealth of info on there too, mainly where my build is at, but i update this once in a while.
Thanks man, I started my build thread here cause there seems to be a lot of support rolling around here

Old 05-14-2012, 11:23 PM

yeah there is, just watch out for pirate, their pretty rough, if its not D60s 14bolts and link, youll get flamed, my build is only a Ford 44 and 14bolt, a lot, but it will withhold to the beating i put on my last truck *hopefully the tranny holds *

Old 05-15-2012, 10:00 PM
Beginning Member

Didn't get anything done on the blazer, I worked on my uncles blazer all day though, hopefully its out of the shop early tomorrow so i can get back to my rig..... so much to do.... also just something I was looking into, Rough country makes a 3" leaf sping for Wagoneers, I'm hoping i can use that in place of the rancho 44044's

Old 05-20-2012, 04:44 AM
Beginning Member

Just got my rear axle disc conversion in, will post pics tomorrow when I'm sober....

Quick Reply: slow blazer build