Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Builds (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/)
-   -   Small 1999 Chevy Blazer LS Build (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/small-1999-chevy-blazer-ls-build-77875/)

rexmburns 04-11-2014 10:48 PM

All the time I've spent under my truck has made me realize how bad I need to do the same:(. Guess I'll have to make mine pretty after the SAS is finished it should be a bit easier to get at then;)

titanfanatic28cj 04-15-2014 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by 1999BlueMobile (Post 575056)
Been a bit MIA lately. Work has been a real time kill and instead of investing the little time and money I have into the fun upgrades and mods I've been crammed underneath my truck replacing the Idler Arms and BOTH lower ball joints. Idler Arm was last weekend and took a total of about 6 hours with all of the runs to autoparts stores and both ball joints took 17 hours total, 11 for the driver side and 5 and a half for the passenger. Now a $50 alignment and I'll be moving on to something new.

After I finished the ball joints today though I drove down the street to make sure everything was back in place and get some lunch and as I came to a stop my ABS lamp came on AND my brakes felt a bit choppy, like the ABS was confused and engaging slowly. I'm thinking Rotors may just not be sitting right or something wrong with my sensor, it only did the choppy stop the first two times I pressed the pedal and the brakes work fine. Any suggestions or comments? Hoping this will be a quick fix and I can save some money on it.

While I was doing the lower joints I noticed the play in the uppers were diminishing, hoping for more life left in them but they'll probably be following soon along with the Pitman Arm. Pretty much doing the same as Rexmburns, just add Ball Joints and a lot of labor hours. :icon_doh: :icon_doh: :icon_doh:

yea i had the same problem with mine about 2 yrs ago i just took the the big abs fuse out from under the hood and havent had a problem since but idk if would wanna do that. mine would act up alot while i tried to come to a complete stop. i did notice on a hill my truck would try to roll back with my foot off the brake though. just thought i would add that in there i got a 99 automatic blazer

rekker94 04-25-2014 02:28 PM

I know this is a tad late but what size backspacing are those wheels and what size tires because its perfect! Beautiful truck too!

chevyguy1993 04-27-2014 02:38 PM

Nice looking rig.

1999BlueMobile 05-02-2014 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by rekker94 (Post 625629)
I know this is a tad late but what size backspacing are those wheels and what size tires because its perfect! Beautiful truck too!

They're 4.75 backspacing! And the tires are 31x10.5R15s

Originally Posted by chevyguy1993 (Post 625777)
Nice looking rig.

Thank you! It's not the greatest but I've put too much time, money, work, blood, sweat, grease, new parts, (you know where I'm going) to not love this truck! Wouldn't give it up for anything!

JDMcQ 05-02-2014 05:36 PM

The truck looks great. How is the RC suspension thus far? Any rubbing issues with that wheel and tire package? We are looking at a similar setup on my son's '01.

chevyguy1993 05-04-2014 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by JDMcQ (Post 626172)
The truck looks great. How is the RC suspension thus far? Any rubbing issues with that wheel and tire package? We are looking at a similar setup on my son's '01.

I'd like to know as well. I'm considering the RC suspension for my Blazer.

1999BlueMobile 05-05-2014 08:04 PM

I haven't had any issues with it, though with the lift and tires/wheels I do wear out the Idler arm fairly quickly and it has pushed me to wanting a SFA really badly! So if you're ever wanting to go bigger or better definitely just go straight to SFA, but other than that it's awesome!

JDMcQ 05-30-2014 08:30 PM

That an 8" wide wheel?