Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

And so it begins!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2018, 11:45 PM
Beginning Member
Mspeedfreak03 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by christine_208
Sounds like you are doing what I have kind of done to mine. I'm is my daily driver once the snow comes and I use it for going to wood for fishing and hunting. I'll be looking forward to what you choose to do.

Regarding the wheel spacers, I was planning only adding them to the rear, 1.25" ones to square-up the stance but you are going a bit wider. Can I ask why?
well 1.5" is what you would need in the rear to square up the stance... look at the pics above.

i am going wider just for that little wider track and little stability

Old 07-01-2018, 11:20 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mspeedfreak03
well 1.5" is what you would need in the rear to square up the stance... look at the pics above.

i am going wider just for that little wider track and little stability
I thought 1.25" would do that. But yes, that is the goal for mine.

Thanks!

Old 08-29-2018, 04:31 AM
Beginning Member

UPDATE:
Well build was kinda on hold, a 3K transmission replacement was just done.... my TQ converter and 4l60e pump blew up on me... but im back and kinda upset about this GM pile of ****! i dont think ill ever buy american again! now im very upside down in this blazer and im stuck with it now...

STILL NEED TO FIX:
so either my Gage cluster or an electrical issue causing my ABS and E-brake light to come on randomly and wont turn off unless i restert the truck (sometimes that dosent work either)
fuel level sender or gage cluster/wiring causing fuel gage not to work most days
A/C still needs to be fixed/troubleshot
CEL light on for 02 sensors.... F* this truck

Old 08-31-2018, 04:23 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Don't give up hope!

I'm upside down in my truck thousands, I'm sure, and I know I would never get the money I want out of it, if I chose to sell.
But, personally, I am a big fan of the S-series....Blazers, pickups, Xtremes, Syclones, Typhoons, etc. I don't plan on selling....ever.

Sounds to me like you may have a loose ground somewhere, with all these cluster lights coming and going. Hang in there. Once you fix those, you'll be back to loving it!

Old 09-01-2018, 02:23 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by N. Jensen
Don't give up hope!

I'm upside down in my truck thousands, I'm sure, and I know I would never get the money I want out of it, if I chose to sell.
But, personally, I am a big fan of the S-series....Blazers, pickups, Xtremes, Syclones, Typhoons, etc. I don't plan on selling....ever.

Sounds to me like you may have a loose ground somewhere, with all these cluster lights coming and going. Hang in there. Once you fix those, you'll be back to loving it!
THERE IS NO POINT, this pile of american **** is just going to keep breaking and costing me money... i use to love the S-10/ZR2 trucks and blazers until i owned one... my family has all owned one and had decent luck but me... never again... i could have actually bought a nice rig for what ive spent in 3 months on this truck just keeping it on the road!
truck 2200
brakes+misc repairs 250
tires 500
stereo repair 300
transmission 2950
total: 6200
and probably another 1k to fix the electrical, A/C, rear brakes... that much money can buy you a great RIG!!!!

Last edited by Mspeedfreak03; 09-01-2018 at 02:32 AM.
Old 09-01-2018, 09:36 AM
G0LFADD1CT is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm considering Weathertech mats myself. If you have them installed could you post some pics and do they fit as advertised?

Old 09-01-2018, 01:15 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by G0LFADD1CT
I'm considering Weathertech mats myself. If you have them installed could you post some pics and do they fit as advertised?
if you have a bunch of passengers in the rear seats then i would get both the front and rear floormats, if you dont then I would just get the fronts and the rear tray/mat for the back! The fitment is decent but they want you to drill and hole and install a hook to hold the drivers mat, I didnt drill the hole and its pretty snug!

drivers side (has the hook hole in right rear)
passengers side
rear seats (its one piece and goes all the way across)

Last edited by Mspeedfreak03; 09-01-2018 at 01:38 PM.
Old 09-01-2018, 02:57 PM

Not bad. I'm considering the cargo area mat too.

Old 09-01-2018, 03:46 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by G0LFADD1CT
Not bad. I'm considering the cargo area mat too.
yeah i am aswell but then thats over 400 on just floor mats for a rig that dosent book for 4k lol

Old 09-01-2018, 08:18 PM

I'm not looking to resell it. I want to make it last as long as possible.I've had it for 13 years now, it's paid off, it's great when road conditions are bad, it's 4 wheel drive, and most importantly......my grandkids love driving it off road!

Quick Reply: And so it begins!