Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Steelrfn's triple threat build thread

Old 04-01-2011, 07:32 PM
steelrfn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Steelrfn's triple threat build thread

OK, I have three blazers total, 2 2000 two door four wheel drives, and a 1991 two wheel drive that I actually just sold to my 16 year old son

I will be doing some upgrades and tinkering around with my two, and most likely helping him with his as well, so will just post all applicable pics in this one thread.

Beauty

Beast (apparently got bent up before I bought it and someone installed a fender that's a different shade of red

My sons 91

Old 04-01-2011, 07:35 PM

my first attempt at an upgrade, pulled out the thrashed grill and rattle can bed lined it... I think it looks pretty good.

As you can see in the photo, I also started doing the fenders with spray on as well, going to actually do all the way down both sides, will post pics when done.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:37 PM

Went to the scrapyard today and picked up a hitch for beauty for $25

Will be installing that tomorrow.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:38 PM

Also scored a grill guard for beast from Craigslist for $40, it isn't the right one, but I think I can adapt it.

Last edited by steelrfn; 04-01-2011 at 07:41 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:18 PM
s14sh3r is on a distinguished road

Definitely an improvement on the grill. Looks good so far.

Old 04-02-2011, 09:16 AM

Thanks!
Today is going to be putting the hitch on Beauty and hopefully the brush guard on Beast.
I am going to spray line the guard for sure, and probably the hitch as well.
Also have to change the lights on the guard because they look completely thrashed.

Old 04-07-2011, 06:41 PM

Here's a shot of Beast with the bed liner sides. I like it so much I think I am going to do Beauty this weekend.... grill and all.

Still no movement on adapting the brush guard, I am trying to score a set of mounting brackets to fit the truck so that I can adapt the guard to fit them, which should keep the strength better than me cobbling something together with my hobby welder.

But if I get antsy, I got a welder and a vice and a drill and a grinder

Old 04-07-2011, 07:04 PM
Starting Member
dzblauch is on a distinguished road

lookin good

Old 04-07-2011, 10:07 PM
Beginning Member
kreep_66 is on a distinguished road

I like the way beast came out looks awesome

Old 04-09-2011, 07:12 PM

Beauty is in a friends garage for the night, all taped up ready for bed lining tomorrow.
Going to do those stupid vent things on the back window as well, tested an area on beast and it's sticking pretty good.

By the way, anyone looking into rattle can bed liner, I now 100% endorse the duplicolor over the rustoleum. We did my buddies girls truck in the rustoleum and it was a nightmare, runs, spots where it didn't adhere, it didn't cover worth a crap, and the final product was nowhere near as good.

Also, according to the guys up at advance auto, the rustoleum isn't chemically resistant, so even when dry if you drip some gas on it it will peel right off in a strip

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Steelrfn's triple threat build thread

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.