Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Tank

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 08:32 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Undercoating eh?? Asphault or Rubberized? I ask cause I did some trim before with asphault stuff and where I spilled gas on it, it just washed right off... Personally Ive had much better luck with Bedliner and automotive clearcoat.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:36 AM
Beginning Member
wreckhur is on a distinguished road

The Tow hooks ReDone. Roof Console.
Ok you got me, I used two coats of herculiner, than 2 coats of rust-oleum rubberized undercoating. I think i might use 1 more coat of herculiner, so its really thick. The new york rain keeps defeating me.

Last edited by wreckhur; 08-09-2010 at 10:49 AM. Reason: add pics
Old 08-13-2010, 02:07 PM
Beginning Member

Allright the next couple of weeks are gonna be mostly cosmetic. Gonna pull and bondo the dents. Prime paint and so on, the tire carrier bolt holes are gonna be filled. 2" shackle lift, new lights front and rear black with clear lenses. Gonna rip out the carpet and headliner, bedliner the interior, bedliner on the outside 1 more coat, pull the bumper and redo it. Paint the trim red inside. Finally gonna paint the wheels. Gonna do red with black highlights.

Old 08-14-2010, 08:20 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

You need one of those emblems that I have for the grill. Its the SS emblem, black with a red outline. $64 at your local dealership. Your paint looks good!

Old 08-14-2010, 04:21 PM
Beginning Member

I actually have that, however I hit a tree and it broke off, and the clear plastic on the emblem cracked, but I have an idea. If it works ill post it. Now the real question, I filled in the holes from the tire rack and I'm looking at the window release and the rear wiper, thinking about shaving them off. Thoughts from everyone would be appreciated.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:05 PM
Beginning Member

Ok, so spent the last 12 hours sanding filling and blocking the truck. Left one spot undone because im gonna have to get it cut out and a new piece welded in. Then I painted it...... Guess what, the paint was a horrible match sooooooo. I used Herculiner Bedliner on the entire truck minus the roof. Now it starts raining. Soon as the rain lets off im gonna paint it two tone like it was however now it will have a really cool texture. I also shaved off the rear latch release and the rear wiper arm. I am also thinking of shaving off the antenna, does anyone know of a mod to route it through the vehicle?

Old 08-16-2010, 08:24 PM
Beginning Member

So this is after the herculiner. I have already started painting after letting it cure, I don't have pics of the the truck painted, however its gonna take a while to finish. The Hercu Liner eats paint and is gonna consume lots of money and time before it looks good, just wanted to give everyone a heads up in case they were thinking of trying.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:32 PM
Beginning Member

This is the texture and first coat of victory red.

The rear deck shaved, looks like I need to touch up a couple of spots.

Complete with 2 Inch lift rear shackles and 1.25 inch T Bar crank.
I gotta wash her, because I have been driving out to the ranges on Ft Drum, very dusty roads, so the bottom is black not gray.

Old 08-22-2010, 12:58 PM
Beginning Member

New headlight assemblies with 9005/9006 setup and new marker assemblies.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:35 PM
Beginning Member
Blaze14 is on a distinguished road

that paint looks reallly cool along the bottom. where can i find undercoating paint, and how much does it coast?

Quick Reply: Tank