Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Work in Progress

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 11:43 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

good song to test your system out with.

as for your voltage claim..............never trust a factory gauge, they're not that great. especially from that era.

the gauge in my Jimmy would do a crazy dance when ever my PG drew hard on the top end. mind you, it was a pretty hungry amp. but i was constantly checking it with a DMM, and it never dropped below 12.93V, even though the gauge would show about 11.

use a DMM to verify the voltage, even though your gauge seems to be holding steady.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:59 PM
Chenzo is on a distinguished road

trimmed off my exhaust so the tip fit better, but realized that my muffler was broke. probably going to get the flowmaster 50 delta flow. also getting a sunpro tach. thinking of get HIDs but not too sure yet. as for the exhaust smoking at cold start, still messing with that. i did the seafoam the other day so after that goes through everything ill go from there. questions comments suggestions etc are much appreciated =)

Old 02-27-2011, 09:31 PM

starting to look into putting in a carbureted 350 in. currently have the stock 4.3 tbi. please let me know anything you can as this will be my first major modification. ive searched all over and theres so much out there that its hard to determine what applies to this situation and what doesnt. (its 1992 s10 4x4 4.3l tbi with a 3 inch body lift) we are rebuilding an el camino so i can probably get the radiator from it as we took a 350 out of it and are putting a 454 in. would that fit? also i read somewhere that my transmission would be affected by not having the tbi. i plan to pretty much take out all the computer stuff so i can control everything and not have to worry about it auto adjusting things. comments advice critique suggestions etc please

Old 08-01-2011, 01:45 AM

well its been some time since ive updated, thought i might as well.
completely dropped the idea of a v8 swap and ran away from it. upgraded to black projector lenses with 12k hids, green strobes in lenses and another green strobe behind the center of the grill. installed a 110 decibel pa system/ sirens. have interior leds that are hooked to my amp. black powder coated brush guards and grill guard. will put video of strobes up tomorrow. and starting to look into swapping out the 2 12" fosgate p2s for a 15" kicker procomp vr

Old 11-29-2011, 11:16 AM

Upgraded system to a dual ported probox with 12" kicker cvrs dvc. looking at amps right now.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:47 PM

went with a planet audio 1200.2. isnt strong enough. going to see what i can do.
on a lighter note, christmas was good. new KCs, some LEDs, a steering wheel, spyder tail lights and some 6.5" speakers.
im building a new console for the speakers as my old one broke so i figured instead of buying a new one id build one.

pics of the KCs and tail lights are up
Pictures by chenzo34 - Photobucket