Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

WOT Magazine Blazin Build

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 12:41 PM
nismo_2005 is on a distinguished road

Yeah a nice exhaust would be cool. And se lights for sure. And for wheeling a hi lift and shovel are must haves

Old 02-04-2011, 11:17 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

@nismo_2005: he has a farm jack on there now , dunno about the shovel
too bad there isn't a larger version of this pic...

Old 02-05-2011, 06:49 AM
Beginning Member
wots_blazin is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ABN31B
when ever i get the repairs under control and can get back into modding, i plan to use an electrical conduit hub
with a 90° and large dia heat shrink for mine. all can be had from home depot for a reasonable price for a water tight and (allegedly) air tight seal.
i saw that idea somewhere and it stuck with me. looks nice too.

as far as police cars the MPs zap the roof with a knockout punch and silicone it up like a microwaved slug.

WOT if i may make a suggestion, why not keep the theme going and drop a snorkle on her

We would love to do a snorkel if we could find one or the plans for one. Any suggestions? With our bodylift and still running the clutch fan we have tight clearances. We currently just a filter on our intake manifold and no tubing because of these we can't even run our Power Master 220AMP alternator.

Old 02-05-2011, 06:57 AM
Beginning Member

As far as bumpers, we are working with R&H Longtravel on a custom front bumper. We have plans in store our biggest thing is we are trying to make some what of a recovery style trail project. We want to be prepared for almost any situtation to help people.

As for the exhaust yes Dynomax maybe cheaper but Gibson is one of our media partners.

We will be doing the lighting on the rack very very soon we just had to clean up our shop alittle due to over crowding and fulling of junk from past project.

Some of the future things you should see us doing soon:

Piaa 510 Series 4" lights on the rack
Rescue 42 Jack-it
Gibson Exhaust
and more

You can always follow us on www.wotmagazine.com also

We are open to any ideas and suggestions for this build. If theres a product you want to see tested let us know.

Some of the things we are looking for:
Rock Sliders
Rear bumper
Aluminum or steel skid plates

Old 02-05-2011, 07:04 AM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Rock sliders and bumpers have to be custom built. There's no aftermarket for the S-Series vehicles.

Old 02-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by ABN31B
@nismo_2005: he has a farm jack on there now , dunno about the shovel
too bad there isn't a larger version of this pic...
You asked and we will give you a larger version lol. Its actually a Smittybilt off-road jack with a Jackmate (www.jackmate.com) and we also have a Smittybilt folding shovel thats in the back, this is a new product we will be reviewing very soon.

Heres the pic:

Old 02-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Beginning Member

We will be doing a few more things soon, we are open to any ideas of what you may want to see us do or products you want to see us test.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:24 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

First of all, thanks for the bigger pics

If i had what you have (the ability to mod vehicles for fun and my viewer base), I would be in heaven!

If i could be so bold as to make a few suggestions:

GoLight 2021 in place of the PIAAs. Anyone can mount piaas on something. This is what the US (military) Army uses on their vehicles. I had 2 on my truck and i LOVE them. It's more in keeping with your recovery theme IMHO. Spendy, for lights, but AWESOME!

More of a functionality mod than a crowd pleaser, but you might wire in an air compressor and mount it to the tail gate. need one that runs on 12volt power, and can be mounted on the drop gate for access to air in the field. air up after mud/sand runs. Again helpful for the Recovery theme.

For the Snorkel i would addapt a cherokee kit as its in the right spot to make a straight run to your Plenum. I would also use a pre-filter on top.

If you are having a custom front bumper made, have them add some bent tubing for a stinger. this is a suggestion of stlye, not the product itself.

To go over board with the recovery theme you can go hog wild and adapt tip-out out riggers and a 3 ton vehicle hoist to the rock solid tube bumper you have custome built to put on the rear it will need wrap around wings to cover the end caps you will have to remove of course...
That last one is overboard...

in ease of install i'd say golights, compressor, snorkel and in coolness of mod for the viewer I'd say snorkel, golights, air compressor in those orders.

Last edited by ABN31B; 02-08-2011 at 12:50 AM.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:46 PM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Id also put some wheels on there. Those look goofy IMO with those flares on there. I like the golights as well we had em on our HMMWVs and MRAPs as well. Great lights have a joystick to position them where the light is needed.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:11 AM
nismo_2005 is on a distinguished road

Here is something i would love to see reviewed http://realiftsusp.com/

Quick Reply: WOT Magazine Blazin Build