The Chop Shop This section is for display of photo editing work, and requests for photo editing, sigs and avatars, etc.

AutoCad or Photoshop request..

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 07:11 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about
Default AutoCad or Photoshop request..

I am trying to draw up plans for an complete new bumper setup...

Basically I am looking for a little help/inspiration... here is what I have...

Top Piece
It will replace the area for the grill and the chrome between the lights..

Second piece will connect the top piece to the "bumper piece"
horizontal and sits above the bumper mounts

Bumper piece...
Basically 3 sections in which the front is flat and then the two sides angle back towards the tires at an angle of less than 60*

attaching a quick picture of what I sketched but it does not do it justice...

Basically it would be to replace the grille and chrome since this will be more of a true utility vehicle... Also I am trying to work out how to mount it to the stock bumper mounts and possibly to the frame...

Also not taken into account yet are the holes for the two hooks and mounts for a license plate... I am trying to work it out with no curves to keep it simple...

Attached Thumbnails AutoCad or Photoshop request..-img00076-20091025-1907.jpg  
Old 11-01-2009, 10:26 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Uh oh, someone's building a hit **** bumper! If I still had Cad, I'd get the measuring tape out and spit something out for you... but I'd need to "sink money into it again" to get the program.

Old 11-02-2009, 08:59 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by oktain
Uh oh, someone's building a hit **** bumper! If I still had Cad, I'd get the measuring tape out and spit something out for you... but I'd need to "sink money into it again" to get the program.
If you are a student you can get a 13 month license for free, and it only makes the printouts have "educational version" in the margins... all the same features

Old 11-02-2009, 09:05 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

hmmm... that's neat. If I have time this weekend I may have to do that lol.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:41 PM
The_Beast is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by oktain
hmmm... that's neat. If I have time this weekend I may have to do that lol.

you can't get it free but you can get it semi-cheap

http://www.creationengine.com/html/p...o?s=autocad&o=
AutoCAD with a perpetual license is $380 which is pretty cheap considering you never have to pay for it again

Old 11-02-2009, 05:47 PM
BF Veteran

I really don't have a reason to use AutoCad though, so it would be a waste of 380 bucks.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:15 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I still have my copy of AutoCAD R12 that I purchased when in college that I use from time to time. I'll be using it to layout the new addition I am planning. ;-)

For this kind of work (the bumper), I would definitely recommend AutoCAD over photoshop, but it comes down to what I am more comfortable using. But then again, I would rather use Pro/ENGINEER (our 3D CAD software at work) to design it.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:33 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Blender.org is a free 3d program and it rocks, it's just as good as anything else (big learning curve though so be prepared to sit down and work on it for a while) but it's great I've made some cool stuff

Old 11-03-2009, 05:55 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

You can download a 30 day free trial of AutoCAD 2010. I did that when my work pc crashed and I lost my CAD 04 version. Now I have 2010 and it's great.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:47 PM
The_Beast is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by nj4x4blaze
You can download a 30 day free trial of AutoCAD 2010. I did that when my work pc crashed and I lost my CAD 04 version. Now I have 2010 and it's great.
I don't like the whole ribbon idea with 2010, i really liked the tool bars on the older versions

But I guess I'll just have to get used to it

Quick Reply: AutoCad or Photoshop request..