The Chop Shop This section is for display of photo editing work, and requests for photo editing, sigs and avatars, etc.

chopping?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 05:23 PM
Starting Member
fla_blazer4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default chopping?

i seen toyota being 'choped" ?. like the ext pickups to be reg cabs was wondering about the chevy trucks tho being chopped. like a ext cab chevy silverado long bed and choping it into a reg cab short bed, how much would that cost and would it be worth it becouse we have a ext cab but wanting a reg cab but noone is selling a reg cab pickup the same yea.

Old 01-13-2008, 05:30 PM
Starting Member
Default RE: chopping?

found the link of the yota look at the pics then look at the last idk why on a toyota, its looks pretty dumb now but whatever rockes the boat i guess just wondering on a 95 chevy 1500 tho

http://www.yotatech.com/f83/steves-tacoma-117549/

Old 01-13-2008, 05:46 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

That is truly a 'chop'. I don't want to sound condescending but that really is a photoshop, not something someone actually did. If you're looking to turn a long bed extended cab FS Chevy into basically a Tahoe, it'd cost more than you'd ever get out of it. Everything from wiring to brake lines to fuel lines, driveshafts, etc. etc. would have to be modified. Not to mention all the frame and body work it would take to restrengthen the frame and birdcage after all that hacking.

Old 01-13-2008, 05:55 PM
Starting Member

i dont think its photoshoped i seen people do it to older trucks like 89 and older. but never knew how much

Old 01-13-2008, 06:01 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

just sell the exra cab and buy a reg cab. no work required

Old 01-13-2008, 06:04 PM
Starting Member

if you read it noone is selling a reg cab the same year the truck is a ext cab that has value to me, i just dont want to sell it. i know the frame work is the easy part is just cuting then welding it back

Old 01-13-2008, 06:08 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Dude, you can see where the top and bottom of the truck don't match up, the frame isn't the same color along the bottom and there is a distinct 'spray paint' area below the truck:

Old 01-13-2008, 06:39 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

good eye TBB

Old 01-13-2008, 06:41 PM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point

haha.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:20 PM
chevcamls1 is an unknown quantity at this point

dude send me a pic of ur truck and i'll chop it for free