The Chop Shop This section is for display of photo editing work, and requests for photo editing, sigs and avatars, etc.

Help with "portfolio" please!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 09:09 PM
Starting Member
CH@Dbee is on a distinguished road
Default Help with "portfolio" please!!!!!

go to www.chadbeephotography.com

go to gallery then automotive

tell me the 3 photos you think are the best and 3 that are the worst in your personal opinion.

im trying to prune down on the amount of photos and cant decide which ones to keep and which ones to delete. this will help my decision. many thank you's to all that precipitate in my lil experiment!!!!

Old 11-29-2009, 09:24 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

I know that this doesn't help but, I like all of the pics. I wish I was that good.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:32 PM
Starting Member
CH@Dbee is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by cbr995
I know that this doesn't help but, I like all of the pics. I wish I was that good.
LOL thank you

if possible TRY to pick 3 that you like less than the others and 3 that you like more than others lol

you dont have to say the pics suck but i got too many up and i want to prune it down

Old 11-29-2009, 09:40 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

3 good ones:

•Honda S2000 rolling cockpit shot
•Gray/Silver Evo with fall background
•Either Supra launch or Mustang w/fireworks

3 you can prune without losing too much of your gallery:

•Exhaust tip with red-lipped rim blurred in the background - You captured very good detail, too good in fact. You can see the streak marks in the black paint on the car with the tips.
•Blue 'Vette pic with the birds in background - I know you had limited light for this shoot but the exposures are unrealistic. I like the other 'Vette pic better.
•Civic SI rim shot - it's not flattering to the car or your skills.

Hope I wasn't too harsh! I, too, wish I had your talent (and equipment).

Old 11-29-2009, 09:41 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

okay...
My favorites are pic 2 of the Lancer Evo, the GTR exhaust, and the S10.
My least favorite is the rim pic of the civic, the interior shot of the S2000 and I can't think of another.

Old 11-29-2009, 10:23 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

first one i luv right away-that black GT-R with the black rims, when you first go into your auto gallery. absolutely smokin' car, and a great angle. my ultimate dream car. and totally unrelated, some guy in my little rinky-dink town, has a nice silver one, lucky bastard.

second, the tight front left shot of the blue Vette. that little burst of Sunlight though the tree's is a nice contrast to the "cold" colour of the foreground & car.

third is a little tough (so many to choose from), i'm really liking the super clean, super white 350Z, and the black Supra drag car (luv those Supra's!), and the front 3/4 shot of the grey EVO near the begining. but in the end, i'll go with the sharpness & contrast of the white 350Z in front of the red brick wall.

personally, i'd drop the busy street shot from the cockpit ofthe Honda, i'm guessing the S2000. also the second pic of the Vette-the birds in the background distract you as soon as you look at it, IMO. and i'd drop the pic of the white SI's front rim. i also did't like the "in motion" shot of the S2000, but it was more for the personal dislike of the blue tips on the exhaust, but a great shot on it's own.

and, i agree with TBB,
Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer
Hope I wasn't too harsh! I, too, wish I had your talent (and equipment).
hope that wasn't to much info for ya Chad.

Old 11-29-2009, 11:36 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Well i went through the galleries and have not viewed the other remarks, so I'm hoping this is objective.....

TOP #: no order
the white Z in motion shot (#13)
S10 in motion, very sharp color contrast and only a small section in focus (#18)
black evo where entire shot (car and back ground) are in focus. very surreal (#3)

Least Favorite:
#21 Silver Mits in motion... just not a very desirable looking ride from that angle and actually looks slow in the picture for some reason....
#7 The civic's rim. Just doesn't sit right with me... I like the other rim shot from the Z and I dig the exhause shot on the dirty black car, but not some much on this rim....
#2 funny I liked #3, but #2 shot in the slide show (black lancer Evo) just looks too plain. straight on side shot...

Dont get me wrong, if i shot pics all day i might have one that could sit side by side with your worst and get laughed off the screen. I am in no way trained and to be quite honest, pictures scare me 9they steal your soul!) but yours are very awesome. all, even the bad (IMO) ones.

Very good use of back grounds. the plain white civic next to the bricks deserves honorable mention due to the background contrast alone

hope that helps

Old 11-29-2009, 11:45 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ABN31B
............the plain white civic next to the bricks deserves honorable mention due to the background contrast alone
were you talking about the one sitting infront of the bright red brick wall?...............the one with the gold rims?..............or the one facing to the right, in front of the half brick wall w/windows?

Old 11-30-2009, 12:11 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

there's a civic with gold rims?!?!

no i meant the one just past the half wall (with tastefully chipped top just off center)

Old 11-30-2009, 12:24 AM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by ABN31B
there's a civic with gold rims?!?!

no i meant the one just past the half wall (with tastefully chipped top just off center)
ok, good.

i was originally gonna say, "ummm, Curtis........it's a 350Z! " but then decided to give you more credit on your mad vehicle skillz.

oh, and i'm sure Alex & Pat are luvin' the caption below your new sig as much as i am! but don't worry, we'll find out what you're planning for your Mall Crawlin' Beast.

Quick Reply: Help with "portfolio" please!!!!!