The Chop Shop This section is for display of photo editing work, and requests for photo editing, sigs and avatars, etc.

Paint Job

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 03:35 PM
JohnEBlaze is on a distinguished road

that combination is SWEEET!!!!

Old 02-24-2011, 10:18 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ScottsdaleK5
Yes sir that was me. And I am seriously considering it. Just depends on how much it costs me!
Yeah, I thought that was you but I think it would look amazing on a K5. Shouldn't be too bad to repaint it if you don't have much body work to fix.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:18 PM
Starting Member
ScottsdaleK5 is on a distinguished road

Yeah I have all the rust fix there was only one little spot, a little bondo and done. But then there was like an ax hole of something cut into the fender little fiberglass and bondo fixed that so all that needs to happen is sand 'er down and paint, but I'm not worried about the paint at the moment just the cost so that I know how much to save.

Old 02-26-2011, 06:59 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

you can do a $200 quickie body shop special, or spend 7 grand (even more on something as big as my 'Burb), it all depends on what you want the finished product to look like.

just remember, if you drop serious coin on a paint job, make sure you look into what the shop has done in the past. do they only do insurance jobs? they have the quickest turn around in the industry which means not the greatest in making everything perfect. shops that say they do show car quality & jobs don't all mean they actually do true show quality work. check out their past work, talk to some of the vehicle owners (if you can). most guys ('n gals) that have top notch rides like talkin' about them. pay attention to some of the old jobs, that will show you how they stand the test of time.

but the biggest issue is gonna be what you plan to do with the K5. are you gonna want to hit the trails, fling mud & toss stones all over the place if you have a super clean paint job? and don't forget about tree branches, those things come out of nowhere!!!

i have this hard rub line that zig-zags down the passenger side of my roof, just outside the roof rack. to this day i have no idea how i did it, but i know it was me.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:37 AM
Starting Member

Well my cousin can paint cars...and since I'm putting in a new engine I dont think I am gonna do much mudding. I might take it on some trails and such but I think I wanna stay away from the mud for awhile as sad as that sounds. I will attach some pictures of his cars that he has painted. Really all I have to worry about is materials and he can do it for me with a little bribery money. Oh btw he likes red...and crazy things! And since Im adding pictures I am going to add the one of his Geo with a 350! haha its insane! The painted Geo isnt the same at the V8 one but you can tell which is the V8

Attached Thumbnails Paint Job-79-camaro.jpg   Paint Job-84-camaro.jpg   Paint Job-geo1.jpg   Paint Job-geo2.jpg   Paint Job-v8-geo.jpg  

Old 02-26-2011, 10:17 AM
s14sh3r is on a distinguished road

"General Wee"

That first Camaro is sweet.

Old 02-26-2011, 06:55 PM
Starting Member

Haha I know it was awesome, except my uncle bought the car from him and spray painted it cause he "didnt wanna look like a queer!" ahaha! I love that Camaro but his latest one is my favorite...attached pics!

oh yeah and I attached a picture of what the Camaro looked like before and a picture of his back window sticker that I love!

Attached Thumbnails Paint Job-new-camaro.jpg   Paint Job-new-camaro-motor.jpg   Paint Job-79-camaro-before.jpg   Paint Job-window-sticker.jpg  

Last edited by ScottsdaleK5; 02-26-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:30 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Those are some pretty nice looking cars.

Old 02-27-2011, 05:15 PM
Starting Member

Thats why I trust him to help me with my engine, and also paint my truck when the time comes!

Old 02-27-2011, 06:53 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

well.......it looks like you don't have much to worry about regarding the painting. since you're gonna be saving cash by getting him to spray it, talk to him, find out what products he is used to using (PPG, HOK, DuPont, etc.) and get the best line you can afford. even save up a little bit longer to get the next line if you can.

Quick Reply: Paint Job