The Chop Shop This section is for display of photo editing work, and requests for photo editing, sigs and avatars, etc.
View Poll Results: Photography Contest | 18 voting
BlazinClinton
5.56%
Red 96'
22.22%
WHITE LIGHTNING
11.11%
1999 Black Blazer
11.11%
Oktain
5.56%
TripleBlackBlazer
5.56%
ChevyBlazerChick
0%
swartlkk
33.33%
mdehoogh
0%
streblo
5.56%
cbr995
0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Photography Contest | 18 voting

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 06:34 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Congrats Kyle, I'm excited to see what the next category will be.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:31 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Crap... LOL

How does 'Long Exposure' (>5sec - time negotiable because I don't know if that is really long or not... ) sound?

Old 04-11-2011, 08:08 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

Sounds good, i cant set the time frame on my camera for that long (many others might be in the same boat), longest i have is the fireworks setting which is only a few seconds.
Either way should see some wicked pictures, looking forward to seeing the submissions

Old 04-11-2011, 08:11 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

How long can you set your exposure to? That'll have to be the lower limit.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:07 PM

Can only go down to EV -2 which is about 4 seconds, fireworks setting is around 3-4 seconds. No other settings for exposure (ya I need a new camera).
Most cameras if they dont have an exposure setting should be able to set the EV, so maybe 4 seconds or EV -2 and(or) fireworks setting?

Old 04-11-2011, 09:30 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Long Exposure? I like it, but not sure if many members have the ability or knowledge to do so.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by cbr995
Long Exposure? I like it, but not sure if many members have the ability or knowledge to do so.
Ya thats why i suggested ev -2 or fireworks setting, almost all digital cameras will have one of these if they cannot set their exposure time.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:27 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Hmmm... I may take some of this info and put it on the submissions page if it's used so members will know what to do. Anything else you think should be added?

Old 04-12-2011, 05:20 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Any point and shoot camera on auto mode with flash off, ev0, will automatically adjust shutter speed and iso and aperture to get the long exposure it's a long exposure because that's how long it takes for the camera's ccd to be properly exposed to incoming light. Basically take a picture of something cool at night without flash... Typically something with either streaking lights or a waterfront balcony photo are common subjects.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by oktain
Any point and shoot camera on auto mode with flash off, ev0, will automatically adjust shutter speed and iso and aperture to get the long exposure it's a long exposure because that's how long it takes for the camera's ccd to be properly exposed to incoming light. Basically take a picture of something cool at night without flash... Typically something with either streaking lights or a waterfront balcony photo are common subjects.
correct, that exposure usually is not that long though.....many cameras i dont think you can get into fireworks setting or adjust the EV unless you are in manual mode....so why not just put for the submissions
>=4 second exposure rate
- if you cannot adjust use manual mode with firework setting and (or) EV (-)2
- No Flash.

Maybe have those as a "how to" , but just leave the criteria that the photo must appear to be done with a long exposure?

Quick Reply: Photography Contest | 18 voting