The Chop Shop This section is for display of photo editing work, and requests for photo editing, sigs and avatars, etc.

Photography Contest #5

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 01:15 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about
Default Photography Contest #5

So we have covered our vehicles, black and white, landscapes, fall colors and sunsets so lets take a drastic turn.

Entries: Thurs Jan 14 - Thurs Jan 21
Voting: Thurs Jan 21 - Thurs Jan 28

The winner of this round of the contest will then pick a new category/theme for that weeks contest. If the winner does not pick a category by the Friday after they have won (ie the next day) then I will choose one to post up. That way we can be sure to keep the contest in order and moving.
The winner will be picked by vote. Each voter will choose their top 3 favorites with each vote cast counting as 1 point.

RULES AND REGULATIONS:

There aren't many rules to this contest. Just a few basic ones:

-The photo's MUST be your own work. They must have been taken by you at some point in your life. They can be as old or as new as you want, as long as they belong to you.
-Photoshopping will be allowed. With that being said, by photoshopping I mean MINOR color/contrast tweaks and cropping. It will be hard to police this, so we have to leave it open. It will be fairly obvious though if you do some major photoshopping, so please leave it to just minor tweaking.
-Your photo MUST fall within the category of that weeks contest. Any random or out of place entries will be deleted.

Your entry may or may not include your truck.

This week's category will be: Macro photography

Your pic should NOT include your truck and must be a Macro shot (ie close up...see attached examples)[

Good Luck!

Note: ALL PHOTO'S MUST BE HOSTED TO ENTER. Pictures that are attached to threads will not be accepted.

Attached Thumbnails Photography Contest #5-dsc_0329.jpg   Photography Contest #5-dsc_0059.jpg   Photography Contest #5-dsc_0264.jpg   Photography Contest #5-dsc_0033.jpg  

Last edited by Sisk; 01-15-2010 at 09:37 AM. Reason: added rules
Old 01-15-2010, 01:55 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Nice spin. I'll see if i have anything like this (doubt it) or if i (my camera) can pull this off

Old 01-15-2010, 02:37 AM
BF Veteran

Also if possible for me to enter again, I will choose the flower.... Unless I must sit out... Either way is fine with me. I cant wait to see what people decide to zoom in on...

Old 01-15-2010, 08:17 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Ohh....good category!! I have a few good shots of flowers I might enter.
And wlorton, you can definitely enter again. Just because you wont this week doesn't mean you can't enter!

Last edited by Sisk; 01-15-2010 at 08:21 AM.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:40 AM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough
Default Photography Contest #5

Macro is my fav category! I have hundreds to pick from. And you have nice examples.

My entry

Last edited by Sisk; 01-15-2010 at 09:38 AM. Reason: please do not double post. Use the "edit" feature
Old 01-15-2010, 09:17 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Here's my submission unless I get something better. Which I plan on lol.

EDIT #2 I changed my mind and resubmitted again, check my post on page 3.

Last edited by oktain; 01-17-2010 at 01:56 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:11 PM
BF Veteran

Sorry about being the attachinh pictures guy. I will get them hosted soon and re enter.

Old 01-15-2010, 12:37 PM
Beginning Member
Ryan85t-56 is on a distinguished road

heres my entry, using a nikon d-40 with a 18-55mm lens and manual mode... i only adjusted the sharpness and cropped it and saturation.

this is my current entry i may switch it

Last edited by Ryan85t-56; 01-16-2010 at 10:18 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:40 PM
Beginning Member
Ryan85t-56 is on a distinguished road

if u guys dont like that one i will go take more pics lol i love doing it.

Old 01-15-2010, 03:29 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Ryan85t-56
heres my entry, using a nikon d-40 with a 18-55mm lens and manual mode... i only adjusted the sharpness and cropped it and saturation.
haha same camera/lenses I use/used(on my pic)!! And nice photo! wow

Quick Reply: Photography Contest #5