The Chop Shop This section is for display of photo editing work, and requests for photo editing, sigs and avatars, etc.

Photography Contest # 8

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 11:09 PM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road

come on people lets get some more pics up here!!! i want these photo contests to really start up again so everyone can enjoy other peoples great pictures!

Old 04-12-2010, 11:17 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Crap, I forgot all about this. I'll have to go out and take some pics later in the week.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:45 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I'll extend the entries another week. To be honest I've been extremly busy lately too and haven't had a chance to take any pics.

ENTRIES NOW OPEN UNTIL APR 19.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:40 AM
Starting Member
HcHawks09 is on a distinguished road

well, this is a picture of our library at Missouri State University, the tower is actually a Carillon, a type of bell tower.
Interesting fact: Missouri State is one of the only Universities that offers a Major in Carillon Performance.

(the attached photo was another picture i snapped while walking to class, Carrington Hall.)

Attached Thumbnails Photography Contest # 8-2010-04-13164541.jpg  
Old 04-16-2010, 08:28 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Here's my submission... building across from Ground Zero I was inside of on a High School trip about... 2 years ago.

Some more proof of my presence in NYC, these are form the sky deck of the Empire State Building: I wanna get back out there with my DSLR at some point.

I'm pissed we didn't cross over into Brooklyn... I only saw the Brooklyn Bridge from far, from Ellis Island actually, we stuck to Manhattan. Highlight of my trip... Guy trying to sell me a "real" Rolex for 5 bucks lmfao.

Last edited by oktain; 04-16-2010 at 08:30 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:41 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Nice skyline pics, Pat.

Thanks for the extension, Alex. I just hope I can find the time to do this, lol.

Old 04-17-2010, 08:53 AM
radiokid is on a distinguished road
Cool

Okie so here is my work..

I am a urban explorer .. and i love abandonment's.

The decay and atrophy of buildings is art, I manage to sneak in, and become part of history capturing the moment of time.

Take only photos, leave only footprints. The explorers code of conduct.

Each building is unique, the architectural design and decay from time is amazing. its a shame America wastes such sound healthy buildings to atrophy over time. we waste so much.

Here is some of my photography from over the past year.

Mostly asylums and prisons.

Please visit my site www.seclusionphoto.com

If I have to choose only one from this set to be entered into the contest i will choose #6 "Used".
As for a back up image # 2 my Infrared image of the exterior of a local insane asylum. or choose one for me lol.
(#2 is not "over photoshopped" It is a legit IR image.
Hope you enjoy this set>>

1. Lost

2 Infrared image. asylum in south east PA.

3. Burnt Out

4. The Nook

5. Over Played

6. Used

7. Time

8.Cooked

9. Open

Last edited by radiokid; 04-17-2010 at 10:16 AM.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:48 AM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

You have some very nice shots! I like them a lot

Old 04-17-2010, 01:19 PM
Beginning Member
ScottyBoy98 is on a distinguished road

This is looking down the hills from under the Hollywood sign in California

Old 04-17-2010, 01:45 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I have to get down south some day to check out these old asylums and what not. Beautiful shots.

Quick Reply: Photography Contest # 8