The Chop Shop This section is for display of photo editing work, and requests for photo editing, sigs and avatars, etc.

So I ordered my tools for school today...

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 05:33 PM
CNYCountryKidd is on a distinguished road
Default So I ordered my tools for school today...

and I've had this idea for a green box with purple highlights and neons inside and under it. Sort of an Incredible Hulk theme. My ideas so far are to have the silver edges of the drawers hulk-colored purple, same with the logos and wheels and some decals on the box of the hulk (maybe), definitely purple underglow and neons inside the drawers. Here's a picture of the box if anyone wants to get creative with it for me.

It's kinda small but really all I could get..

Old 06-11-2010, 12:59 AM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Seems like an interesting idea, sure would stand out.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:15 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Awesome... I want a toobox w/ a beer fridge in it.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:46 AM

Kobalt tools sells one of them lol. Lowes is the main dealer.

EDIT: ^ And it has a Pioneer speaker system in it.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:04 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Sounds like my kinda fun. I hoping to find a sweet toolbox at an estate sale or auction this year for cheap and make my own custom box too. Ive got these heavy duty casters with rubber air filled tires that are about 8" diameter so I can give it a lift too, they are knobby looking to boot! Make sure you make a build thread for it, I read somewhere that it doesnt have to be blazers and cars.

Remove the stock side handle and fab up something different like a camshaft, or moose legbone, cv axle, or something to your theme for pulling it around with.

Put a charger and 12V battery in it and wire up a cd player and speakers and go wild on mounting that stuff. Then you roll it over and plug her in when the charge is low or charge it overnight. You could install a voltage and amp guage too to add a techie look to it - many possiblities.

I would have fun with a nicer toolbox.

Last edited by ohsofly; 06-11-2010 at 11:11 AM.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:16 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, that toolbox is only...$1600 lol

http://www.luxist.com/2008/08/12/kob...uilt-right-in/

Old 06-11-2010, 12:39 PM

^ Lol

@ ohsofly: Yeah I would have gotten a bigger one but I only had a small selection to get the school discount on everything otherwise my bill would be probably around 25,000 instead of 6500 lol. So for now I'm gonna work with what I got until I can afford a bigger box.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:08 PM
Beginning Member
Mikek1500 is on a distinguished road

Just throwing in an idea if you're looking for a cheap box. Check out various tool shows and you might luck out by getting a slightly damaged one for cheap. That's how I got my big 15 drawer base cabinet. Someone when they moved it put a big scratch in the back of it. Mine's against a wall so it didn't matter. The box went for $1200 new, walked away with it for $500. You never know, doesn't hurt to check it out.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:02 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

In my nearly 21 years in the auto service and sales industry I have learned at least 1 thing. The thing I have learned is it is not what brand or how many tools you have, it is the knowledge, skill and quality of the person turning them. I have seen guys with huge boxes like apartment buildings filled all the latest and greatest who could hardly change oil and I have seen guys with boxes smaller than alot of guys have in there homes who can turn a wrench and make a good living while making it all look easy. So study hard, practice more and get certified.
And most importantly good luck.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:30 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

That... was beautiful DKSDAD

Quick Reply: So I ordered my tools for school today...