Detailing Discuss detailing your Blazer within.

Cleaning wheel wells......

Old 06-12-2007, 11:54 AM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cleaning wheel wells......

What does everybody use to clean and shine up their wheel wells? I have a show coming up this weekend, and I need to clean and shine them up!!! I'm wanting to try something new, because my usual routine isn't working and they are very dirty. So what do you all use?

Old 06-12-2007, 04:59 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Cleaning wheel wells......

I just use my regular tire cleaner, Meguiars Hot Rims, and spray it on, then wash it off just like I was the rims.

Old 06-12-2007, 10:58 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

I do what swartlkk does and then put some tire shine on them if you want them to look even cleaner and sparkly. Sometimes you got to scrub tough to get some of the tar or what not off, or even use a razor blade.

-Lenny

Old 06-13-2007, 12:39 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

simple green and a sos pad.

Old 06-13-2007, 07:05 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

Tire brush and a product called "SPIT" which is a mild degreaser. Thats what I also wash the undercarriage with.

Old 06-13-2007, 01:48 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

I use Armor All Tire Foam and Armor All Extreme Tire Shine on the tires, rims, and the wells. It looks really good.

Old 06-13-2007, 02:43 PM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

i tried spraying the foam on the wells and whenever i drive my car it smells like something is buring, im missing that rubber that hides the spark plugs so its probably got some on the headers.

Old 06-15-2007, 01:47 AM
BrianMichaels1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well the front wheel wells on the Blazer are painted with glossy one stage paint. I wash them every time I wash the vehicle. I have painted my rear wheel wells glossy black and wash them each time as well. You can even wax the wheel wells. I repainted the frame and everything else black that's supposed to be black underneath. I crawl under there about once every 2 weeks with a washing mit and clean it all up. I would recommend revitalising the paint you have in your front wheel wells with a cheap cleaner wax or paint cleaner/rubbing compound and maybe even waxing them.

Old 07-16-2007, 10:58 AM
car54 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a freind who does spray in bed liner, We taped of above the lower body line (under the lower side molding) and removed the bumpers on my 91 blazer and sprayed everything from the tape down with Bed liner, wheel wells, behind the bumpers, etc, looks very cool I well post some pics soon. He said that it would be a $200 job if he was charging me for it,I did not think that was a bad price. When It is applied it looks like the chip guard GM put on cars in the 80's. Mine is black so I will leave it black, it is paintable and does come in somecolors also. Here in snow and salt country I tink it will help alot!

Old 07-17-2007, 12:15 AM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

I use westleys bleach white on them, then (if you are gonna do a show) pul off your wheels and get some rustoleum satin black paint, paint them and then spray some tire shine up in there after the paint dries...lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cleaning wheel wells......