Detailing Discuss detailing your Blazer within.

Detailer better than McGuire's ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 04:54 PM
Beginning Member
duxx is on a distinguished road

Home - Poorboy's World™ Inc.
Some of the best stuff money can buy. I will swear by it, and put my truck up against any of the "off the shelf" you people swear by.

Old 02-12-2016, 12:07 AM
moosehauler05'blaz is on a distinguished road

I go from rust to dents to holes and finsh with a shammy and everything else between for 30 years now I seen alot of people come to the shop over the years and tell me they Detail there own car and its shines really good I then ask them to look deeper into the paint ..Scratches swirl marks or blurred mirror effect I'll run a cleanner over the area followed my a light compound then clean again and polish/wax it then relook glass finsh every time ...3M makes great products Meguiars is a close 2nd on wax However it gets fussy on Sun vs shade and temp range if your using a polisher on low speed Most people will just wax a car after a good car washing I make sure the panel is Clean, flat, smooth, and very little to none of the scratches Without burning into the Clear coat

Old 02-12-2016, 04:23 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by moosehauler05'blaz
I go from rust to dents to holes and finsh with a shammy and everything else between for 30 years now I seen alot of people come to the shop over the years and tell me they Detail there own car and its shines really good I then ask them to look deeper into the paint ..Scratches swirl marks or blurred mirror effect I'll run a cleanner over the area followed my a light compound then clean again and polish/wax it then relook glass finsh every time ...3M makes great products Meguiars is a close 2nd on wax However it gets fussy on Sun vs shade and temp range if your using a polisher on low speed Most people will just wax a car after a good car washing I make sure the panel is Clean, flat, smooth, and very little to none of the scratches Without burning into the Clear coat
Most people will just was their auto's, and every few months throw a coat of wax on them, and they feel they did their bi yearly detail. If they only knew what goes into a complete detail job. Removing the rims to deep clean them, clay, then using a DA polisher to "cut" the swirl marks and spider lines, then a sealant and/or glaze, then the Carnuba wax as a final step. And that's just the exterior.

Old 02-14-2016, 01:42 AM
moosehauler05'blaz is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by duxx
Most people will just was their auto's, and every few months throw a coat of wax on them, and they feel they did their bi yearly detail. If they only knew what goes into a complete detail job. Removing the rims to deep clean them, clay, then using a DA polisher to "cut" the swirl marks and spider lines, then a sealant and/or glaze, then the Carnuba wax as a final step. And that's just the exterior.
You would be amazed how many people spend good money at a detail shop and get it done wrong From not owning a paint thickness gauge reader To leaving swirls from a Da polisher even deep scratches from dirty pads. This is my 05' that i painted in total of 9 coats Adhision Glue Black, Brown/copper pearl Clearcoat. Notice there is no Orange peel or waves It also picks up the background in the paint to the point you can make out the little rocks on the ground Taken with a Non HD camera and this is before any buffing or polishing

Attached Thumbnails Detailer better than McGuire's ??-moosehauler05-blaz-80063-albums-garage-timberwolf-8244-picture-10606350-10154658459985454-178178.jpg  

Last edited by moosehauler05'blaz; 02-14-2016 at 01:53 AM.
Old 02-14-2016, 11:14 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by moosehauler05'blaz
You would be amazed how many people spend good money at a detail shop and get it done wrong From not owning a paint thickness gauge reader To leaving swirls from a Da polisher even deep scratches from dirty pads. This is my 05' that i painted in total of 9 coats Adhision Glue Black, Brown/copper pearl Clearcoat. Notice there is no Orange peel or waves It also picks up the background in the paint to the point you can make out the little rocks on the ground Taken with a Non HD camera and this is before any buffing or polishing
Great color, and very nice depth to the paint. Metallic flakes are evenly dispersed also, which isn't easy to say the least. Doesn't look like the paint needs much but a sealant and some carnuba.

Old 04-10-2016, 10:09 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by duxx
Great color, and very nice depth to the paint. Metallic flakes are evenly dispersed also, which isn't easy to say the least. Doesn't look like the paint needs much but a sealant and some carnuba.
Detailing has nothing to do with how the metallic flakes are dispersed in the paint.
that step is when the vehicle is being painted.

Old 04-12-2016, 10:05 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by richphotos
Detailing has nothing to do with how the metallic flakes are dispersed in the paint.
that step is when the vehicle is being painted.
Yes, I know that. I was commenting on the actual paint job that he personally did himself.
Now I'm just waiting for the "good" pictures. You know the ones after the detail job is completed.