Detailing Discuss detailing your Blazer within.

how do you get spray paint off a truck

Old 09-10-2009, 06:50 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough
Default how do you get spray paint off a truck

i know its possible with a buffer but dont really have access to one anymore. paints been on there for at least a month, any chemical that will get it off without jacking up the paint?

lazy bastards should have just peeled the stickers off. took me like 15 minutes

Old 09-10-2009, 08:02 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Honestly, I can't think of a good, safe way (for the paint) to get the spray paint off.. Maybe try goo gone?

Old 09-10-2009, 09:14 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Try some Neverdull. I've used it in the past and it's worked well for me.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:42 PM
Starting Member
hotrod413 is on a distinguished road

this is going to sound wierd, but use johnsens automotive universal cleaner. dampen a cloth, even a paper towel, and gently rub the spray paint off. I use it on tar and bug guts.

Depending on the condition of your paint, a little MIGHT rub off. I have a white blazer, and havent had any problems. Plus I always polish, wax afterwards

Attached Thumbnails how do you get spray paint off a truck-sep10051.jpg  
Old 09-10-2009, 11:15 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by hotrod413 View Post
this is going to sound wierd, but use johnsens automotive universal cleaner. dampen a cloth, even a paper towel, and gently rub the spray paint off. I use it on tar and bug guts.

Depending on the condition of your paint, a little MIGHT rub off. I have a white blazer, and havent had any problems. Plus I always polish, wax afterwards
where do you find that at.... i tried carb cleaner and lighterfluid. actually the lighter fluid made the glue really easy to come off

Old 09-11-2009, 06:57 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

This'll sound even weirder, I've taken road paint off with OVEN CLEANER in the past. Not sure if that'll work with cured spray though.

Old 09-11-2009, 08:38 AM
BF Veteran

Yea I got some oven cleaner at home. Someone mentioned that on another site and it hit me I remember using that to take old logos off of box trucks back in my detailing days

Old 09-11-2009, 11:50 AM
Starting Member
hotrod413 is on a distinguished road

I was looking for something to clean my aluminum rims. I scored the stuff at a 99c store. BUT it is Johnsen's brand which is carried by autozone, and maybe kragens, or pepboys. I know autozone for sure, because I used to buy johnsen's starting fluid there

good luck

Old 09-15-2009, 03:50 PM
BF Veteran

oven cleaner worked great. took maybe 30 minutes to do both sides.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:25 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

HEY HEY! lol I was right! Glad to see it worked. I thought if it'd take off road paint, then it'd sure as hell take off spray paint.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: how do you get spray paint off a truck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.