Detailing Discuss detailing your Blazer within.

keeping blazer clean in winter

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 07:49 PM
Starting Member
pimpinblazer91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default keeping blazer clean in winter

hey i was just wondering some ideas you guys have for keeping your blazer clean in the winter

Old 12-06-2007, 07:58 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: keeping blazer clean in winter

i dont have to deal with endless wetness or salt like you northerns but i would say just try and wash it regularly

Old 12-06-2007, 08:07 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I got through the local car wash once a week just to rinse off the salt. My truck stays in the garage at night so it pretty much always melts off.

Old 12-06-2007, 08:27 PM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point

I wash it when the white turns grey.

Also always get the underbody blasted when you do wash it.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:38 PM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't really wash it in the winter, just take it to the car wash and rinse all the crap off on fridays.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:40 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

I wash mine just like I do in the summer. Every week. If they salt the roads, I'll drive the Silverado. I know its unavoidable if you live up north, so I say spray the rust prone areas with Pam. It'll keep the salt from sticking quite as bad whe you go to spray it off.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:48 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

My grandpa who lives up in minnesota washes his truck once a week underbody and all!! Call this funny but to rinse the underbody off he uses one of those sprinkler things just throws it underneath and lets it go for a while!!

Old 12-07-2007, 03:29 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

I've done that. I used a fertigation sprinkler and instead of putting liquid fertilizer in it, I put some dish washing liquid.

Old 12-07-2007, 06:07 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

yea the sprinkler works ok. i dont have to worry too much about the salt here less than 10 times a year. i try to wash mine every week or ever other week.

Old 12-08-2007, 10:47 AM
basketballmail2 is an unknown quantity at this point

How do our antennas hold up in car washes actually? I want to get mine washed today or tomorrow to get the salt off, any suggestions as too which carwash is safe? I know there is one that has those round brushes and then one other one that just kinda has long pieces of cloth that smack around on the car.

Quick Reply: keeping blazer clean in winter