Detailing Discuss detailing your Blazer within.

keeping blazer clean in winter

Old 12-06-2007, 07:49 PM
Starting Member
pimpinblazer91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default keeping blazer clean in winter

hey i was just wondering some ideas you guys have for keeping your blazer clean in the winter

Old 12-06-2007, 07:58 PM
Super Moderator
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: keeping blazer clean in winter

i dont have to deal with endless wetness or salt like you northerns but i would say just try and wash it regularly

Old 12-06-2007, 08:07 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I got through the local car wash once a week just to rinse off the salt. My truck stays in the garage at night so it pretty much always melts off.

Old 12-06-2007, 08:27 PM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point

I wash it when the white turns grey.

Also always get the underbody blasted when you do wash it.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:38 PM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't really wash it in the winter, just take it to the car wash and rinse all the crap off on fridays.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:40 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

I wash mine just like I do in the summer. Every week. If they salt the roads, I'll drive the Silverado. I know its unavoidable if you live up north, so I say spray the rust prone areas with Pam. It'll keep the salt from sticking quite as bad whe you go to spray it off.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:48 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

My grandpa who lives up in minnesota washes his truck once a week underbody and all!! Call this funny but to rinse the underbody off he uses one of those sprinkler things just throws it underneath and lets it go for a while!!

Old 12-07-2007, 03:29 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

I've done that. I used a fertigation sprinkler and instead of putting liquid fertilizer in it, I put some dish washing liquid.

Old 12-07-2007, 06:07 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

yea the sprinkler works ok. i dont have to worry too much about the salt here less than 10 times a year. i try to wash mine every week or ever other week.

Old 12-08-2007, 10:47 AM
basketballmail2 is an unknown quantity at this point

How do our antennas hold up in car washes actually? I want to get mine washed today or tomorrow to get the salt off, any suggestions as too which carwash is safe? I know there is one that has those round brushes and then one other one that just kinda has long pieces of cloth that smack around on the car.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: keeping blazer clean in winter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.