Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Detailing (https://blazerforum.com/forum/detailing-23/)
-   -   keeping blazer clean in winter (https://blazerforum.com/forum/detailing-23/keeping-blazer-clean-winter-15086/)

nj4x4blaze 12-10-2007 07:25 AM

RE: keeping blazer clean in winter

I haven't washed my truck in over a month now.. Everytime I think about getting it washed, it begins to rain or snow. And since it gets dark early, by the time I get out of work the car wash is closed.

DetroitMuscle 12-10-2007 09:43 AM

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

I don't go to those type car washes any longer. I just use the 'laser' wash type touchless car washes. They work good enough to rinse the salt off of everything and won't damage anything.
Granted my grill was old at the time BUT, I did a touchless carwash( still do them as well) and it blew the grill right off the front of a 78 mailibu, all 6 screws and all including center support bracket. They will damage like any other touch wash will it just doesnt leave scratches in the paint.

I forgot to add in my first post to buff and wax the car with a good layering system of wax before the salt hits and right after in the spring. its the best way to remove all trace elements of salt while protecting your paint too.

cain45 12-20-2007 01:46 PM

I take mine to Mike's Carwash and never had a problem one. And it does a great job on it.

blznlowxtreme 12-20-2007 08:58 PM

well i posted earlier that i still wash wash mine regularly but after i oposted that, my blazer has not been washed in over 4 damn weeks. every weeekend it is trying to rain just enought to not bother and i dont have time thru the week. im doing it this weekend i dont care if it is snowing out it has to be done. honestly my wheels dont even have a silver tint to them because they are so bad, they look they are painted grey. i ran it tru a touchless car wash and it didnt even make the dirt wet wasted like $6

cliro 12-20-2007 11:02 PM

Washed mine good today. I bought a new camera and had to play with it, not the best but it'sbetter then my old one that crapped out.

http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/phot...61607_2000.jpg

blznlowxtreme 12-21-2007 09:25 AM

im glad somebody is got a clean blazer, the first thing people say to me when i see them is how nasty it is because they know how i keep it clean, but i mean really, do they think i haven't noticed it myself?

Verno 12-21-2007 05:40 PM

Havn't pulled mine out of the garage in about 1 1/2 months, so it's still pretty clean, just a little dusty.:)

Outsydr 12-21-2007 06:29 PM

I'm lazy, my oldest son (15) is working at a hand car wash to pay for repairs to his truck (found a '93 s10 4x4 looked like new inside and out but no engine for $300 I bought it, he has to fix it out of his own pocket) but anyways I go to the hand wash he works at and abuse his free employee wash twice a week get my blazer cleaned inside and out and towel dried for free they aren't as picky as I am but when its winter in ohio it works to keep my baby clean and me from freezing to do it myself.

Mr Blazer LT 12-21-2007 09:18 PM

Ha. I don't bother washing my truck in the winter. Its a Colorado truck so it likes the white stuff.;)

blznlowxtreme 12-22-2007 01:48 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: Outsydr

I'm lazy, my oldest son (15) is working at a hand car wash to pay for repairs to his truck (found a '93 s10 4x4 looked like new inside and out but no engine for $300 I bought it, he has to fix it out of his own pocket) but anyways I go to the hand wash he works at and abuse his free employee wash twice a week get my blazer cleaned inside and out and towel dried for free they aren't as picky as I am but when its winter in ohio it works to keep my baby clean and me from freezing to do it myself.
[/quote
must be nice.