Detailing Discuss detailing your Blazer within.

microfiber

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 03:17 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default microfiber

I used to use microfiber cloths to remove wax but i heard somewhere that microfiber is very bad for the clearcoat and can result in many swirl marks and scratches. Do you guys know if there is any truth to that or if it is just a rumor?

Old 05-25-2007, 03:43 PM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: microfiber

Rumor. Microfiber is the best for your vehicle. Everything leaves some kind of swirl or scratch, nothing is perfect, but microfiber is as close as you can get to perfect right now.

Old 05-26-2007, 06:40 AM
Peco is an unknown quantity at this point

^^X2, but also depends on how you take care of it so they don't get stiff and rought.They make a special detergent for microfiber and on your X2 rise cycle ad a small amount of distilled white vinegar. Don't wash with bleach or fabric softener.And also wash them alone without anything else(home towels, Underware, jeans)

Old 05-27-2007, 11:59 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

I love microfiber... I keep my Blazer waxed and detailedand all I use to clean it is microfiber wash mit, absorber cloth, microfiber applicators for waxing and microfiber cloths to take wax off, microfiber rags for smearing the detailer and and microfiber rag for removing it... I use the new glass cloths to get the glass cleaned too.

Hey If you ever use a buffer there are microfiber applicator buffers AND microfiber wax removing buffer heads... a little off topic but still microfiber... don't use a buffer on my Blazer though.

Be sure to take the tags off your rags because they will leave scratches.

Old 06-15-2007, 01:53 AM
BrianMichaels1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Microfiber is the only truly clear coat safe thing to use! Make sure it's clean. Everything BUT microfiber scratches. For your proof, test various materials on a CD including microfiber.

Old 07-08-2007, 08:59 PM
BF Veteran

Found an excellent deal on microfiber towels today. Sam's club, $11 for 25 microfiber towels. Also picked up some tire shine and wheel cleaner. $10.98 for 3 cans of No Touch tire shine and one can of No Touch wheel cleaner.

Old 07-09-2007, 12:08 AM
ltown21 is an unknown quantity at this point

well at my work, we use microfiber clothes on interiors and when we wax cars so I don't know why we would use them if they were so bad for your paint.

Old 07-09-2007, 01:47 PM
BF Veteran

I never noticed any scratches or swirlseven when I used worn out t-shirts and stuff to polish with...

Old 07-10-2007, 09:06 AM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: BrianMichaels1

Microfiber is the only truly clear coat safe thing to use! Make sure it's clean. Everything BUT microfiber scratches. For your proof, test various materials on a CD including microfiber.
Microfiber is virtually scratchless when clean and used properly. As far as it being the only clear coat safe material that just is not true. Many other common materials are safe, butit all depends on several factors including the cleanliness of the material you are using. It's all about cleanliness, and your application/removal technique with these materials.

ORIGINAL: EurogoldLS

Found an excellent deal on microfiber towels today. Sam's club, $11 for 25 microfiber towels.
Wow, that is a good deal! Might have to see if my local Sam's Club has them when I make my next trip there.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:54 AM
BF Veteran

Get some of the wheel cleaner and tire shine while you are at it. The wheel cleaner is safe for all wheels...