Detailing Discuss detailing your Blazer within.

Under-carriage

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 07:26 PM
mech cb is on a distinguished road
Default Under-carriage

Anyone else here a nut about keeping thier undercarriage clean? How do you do it? The drive through carwash doesnt work for me. I need mine way cleaner.

Old 05-14-2009, 08:05 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

a power washer should do the trick, even a regular hose with the muli spray handle should work.

Old 05-14-2009, 09:03 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

I just powerwash mine.

Old 05-14-2009, 09:28 PM
Starting Member
Swain is an unknown quantity at this point

I've heard of using a sprinkler under the truck for a half hour or an hour. Then spray it off with a hose. In theory it should work well, the sprinkler would loosen up the caked on stuff well then you could spray it off.

Old 05-14-2009, 10:27 PM

I can get the caked on stuff easy enough, but theres still a dirt residue. I'm thinkin about just gettin a lot of degreaser and doin it a section at a time

Old 05-14-2009, 10:53 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

just use some car soap, idk wat kind of effect (if any) a degreaser would have on some of the rubber hoses and lines.

Old 05-14-2009, 11:02 PM

Maybe I'll just have to hand-wash it. I normally wouldn't go that far, but I found myself stuck in some mud the other day and it really did a number down there. Having a clean undercarriage makes me feel better for some reason. Also I don't want to void my warranty when the shop sees mud everywhere down there. But it's mostly just for my peace of mind.

Old 05-14-2009, 11:52 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Don't spend a lot of time on it.. i mean no one can really see it and it's just gonna get dirty again after 30 miles. just my 2 cents tho.

Old 05-15-2009, 07:15 AM

Yea, I know. It's just one of my obsessions. lol! Oh well, it'll give me something to do sunday.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:04 PM
Beginning Member
jackdaroofer is on a distinguished road

You might want to try a lemon spray on furniture polish like pledge or DG prinate label. I use it everywhere. underhood, whel wells...once you get heavy dirt off, spray on liberally, wait a fgew minutes and wipe off with clean cloth

Hope it works for you

Quick Reply: Under-carriage