Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Detailing (https://blazerforum.com/forum/detailing-23/)
-   -   What to use to get heavy grease out of seats? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/detailing-23/what-use-get-heavy-grease-out-seats-96091/)

'93BLZR 01-11-2018 12:15 PM

What to use to get heavy grease out of seats?

Ok, got my Blazer out if the shop. Transfer case and transmission were rebuilt, oil changed, fuel pump changed, etc. But what was once an immaculately clean interior is now a total mess. Shampooing the carpets is in order, but as for the seats, I don't know what to do. Its like they used the seats as shop rags. Is LA's Totally Awesome something good to use? I've used it on vinyl before, but never cloth...

Snap-Off 01-11-2018 01:24 PM

I've always used Simple Green for that kind of stuff....It's usually worked pretty well on most stains..

'93BLZR 01-11-2018 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by jone531@bellsouth.net (Post 685050)
I've always used Simple Green for that kind of stuff....It's usually worked pretty well on most stains..

I'll try that. Thanks

Tom A 01-11-2018 09:16 PM

I would make the shop get the seats cleaned. There's no excuse for greasing up your interior.

christine_208 01-12-2018 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tom A (Post 685061)
I would make the shop get the seats cleaned. There's no excuse for greasing up your interior.

That was my first thought too. Most shops have paper covers for the seats and even floors for this reason.

07nhbpsi 01-12-2018 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by '93BLZR (Post 685048)
Ok, got my Blazer out if the shop. Transfer case and transmission were rebuilt, oil changed, fuel pump changed, etc. But what was once an immaculately clean interior is now a total mess. Shampooing the carpets is in order, but as for the seats, I don't know what to do. Its like they used the seats as shop rags. Is LA's Totally Awesome something good to use? I've used it on vinyl before, but never cloth...

Get yourself a can of ether....spray the affected spot then use a rag to blot the grease stain up! :D works wonderfully:D

'93BLZR 01-12-2018 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by 07nhbpsi (Post 685096)
Get yourself a can of ether....spray the affected spot then use a rag to blot the grease stain up! :D works wonderfully:D

Ok. I tried simple green. It inly made the stain fade a little. Then I tried TUFF STUFF upholstery cleaner, and it seemed to be working. Then I tried the Totally Awesome, and after letting it sit, I used a heavy brush and some hot air, and boom, gone!

Lefet 01-13-2018 02:50 AM

I'm still stuck on why the shop was allowed to get away with this in the first place? That's no way to run a business and if nobody says anything or holds them accountable, they'll continue to do it. I'm happy for you that you were able to get the stains out, just increasingly disappointed with some of my fellow human beings. It's like we just don't care anymore. As a business owner, that's rule #1, you damage something, fess up, we'll fix it. I thought it was called integrity, at least it use to be.

error_401 01-13-2018 11:50 AM

If it has not yet been worked into the canvas/leather if you have such a shop dry-ice blasting with specalized equipment and fine pellets does a terrific job on such stains.

'93BLZR 01-13-2018 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Lefet (Post 685109)
I'm still stuck on why the shop was allowed to get away with this in the first place? That's no way to run a business and if nobody says anything or holds them accountable, they'll continue to do it. I'm happy for you that you were able to get the stains out, just increasingly disappointed with some of my fellow human beings. It's like we just don't care anymore. As a business owner, that's rule #1, you damage something, fess up, we'll fix it. I thought it was called integrity, at least it use to be.

The owner if the shop is a good friend if my dad and uncle, so I can't really say anything about it. As for that happening, it's because his workers are irresponsible. They've caused several problems on our other cars before, but I can't do anything about it