What to use to get heavy grease out of seats? - Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Detailing Discuss detailing your Blazer within.

Old 01-11-2018, 12:15 PM
Starting Member

'93BLZR is on a distinguished road
Default What to use to get heavy grease out of seats?

Ok, got my Blazer out if the shop. Transfer case and transmission were rebuilt, oil changed, fuel pump changed, etc. But what was once an immaculately clean interior is now a total mess. Shampooing the carpets is in order, but as for the seats, I don't know what to do. Its like they used the seats as shop rags. Is LA's Totally Awesome something good to use? I've used it on vinyl before, but never cloth...
Old 01-11-2018, 01:24 PM
Starting Member

jone531@bellsouth.net is on a distinguished road

I've always used Simple Green for that kind of stuff....It's usually worked pretty well on most stains..
Old 01-11-2018, 04:50 PM
Starting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I've always used Simple Green for that kind of stuff....It's usually worked pretty well on most stains..
I'll try that. Thanks
Old 01-11-2018, 09:16 PM
Starting Member

Tom A is on a distinguished road

I would make the shop get the seats cleaned. There's no excuse for greasing up your interior.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:32 PM

christine_208 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom A View Post
I would make the shop get the seats cleaned. There's no excuse for greasing up your interior.
That was my first thought too. Most shops have paper covers for the seats and even floors for this reason.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:48 PM

07nhbpsi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by '93BLZR View Post
Ok, got my Blazer out if the shop. Transfer case and transmission were rebuilt, oil changed, fuel pump changed, etc. But what was once an immaculately clean interior is now a total mess. Shampooing the carpets is in order, but as for the seats, I don't know what to do. Its like they used the seats as shop rags. Is LA's Totally Awesome something good to use? I've used it on vinyl before, but never cloth...
Get yourself a can of ether....spray the affected spot then use a rag to blot the grease stain up! works wonderfully
Old 01-12-2018, 11:34 PM
Starting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07nhbpsi View Post
Get yourself a can of ether....spray the affected spot then use a rag to blot the grease stain up! works wonderfully
Ok. I tried simple green. It inly made the stain fade a little. Then I tried TUFF STUFF upholstery cleaner, and it seemed to be working. Then I tried the Totally Awesome, and after letting it sit, I used a heavy brush and some hot air, and boom, gone!
Old 01-13-2018, 02:50 AM
Starting Member

Lefet is on a distinguished road

I'm still stuck on why the shop was allowed to get away with this in the first place? That's no way to run a business and if nobody says anything or holds them accountable, they'll continue to do it. I'm happy for you that you were able to get the stains out, just increasingly disappointed with some of my fellow human beings. It's like we just don't care anymore. As a business owner, that's rule #1, you damage something, fess up, we'll fix it. I thought it was called integrity, at least it use to be.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:50 AM

error_401 is an unknown quantity at this point

If it has not yet been worked into the canvas/leather if you have such a shop dry-ice blasting with specalized equipment and fine pellets does a terrific job on such stains.
Old 01-13-2018, 03:45 PM
Starting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefet View Post
I'm still stuck on why the shop was allowed to get away with this in the first place? That's no way to run a business and if nobody says anything or holds them accountable, they'll continue to do it. I'm happy for you that you were able to get the stains out, just increasingly disappointed with some of my fellow human beings. It's like we just don't care anymore. As a business owner, that's rule #1, you damage something, fess up, we'll fix it. I thought it was called integrity, at least it use to be.
The owner if the shop is a good friend if my dad and uncle, so I can't really say anything about it. As for that happening, it's because his workers are irresponsible. They've caused several problems on our other cars before, but I can't do anything about it