Detailing Discuss detailing your Blazer within.

Windshield Streaking

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 02:54 AM
KLBlazer07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Windshield Streaking

Alright, it was my mistake buying that RAINX garbage.. now everytime I need to use my wipers I get the streaking and the white like stuff all over my windshield that makes it look like junk.. so what can I do to remove this stuff?

Old 02-22-2007, 03:22 AM
DankBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Windshield Streaking

Rainx works wonders for me... Did you buy the wipes or something? I've never used the wipes, but the normal rainx works great, but only if you apply it right.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 02-22-2007, 08:00 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Rainx works... But only if you spray it on the frozen rain, then let it sit for a little bit, then use an ice scraper... it makes scraping the ice a lot easier... Otherise it leaves funny streaks on the windshield, mirrors, and whatever else...

Try some foaming glass cleaner, that usually gets everything...

Old 02-22-2007, 10:54 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I use RainX windsheild wax twice a year on all of my vehicles as well as running the RainX brand washer fluid, both Bug Guard in the summer and DeIcer in the winter. Nothing but great things to say about it.

I have often found that the first application on a windshield may result in streaks or uneven spots. It is best to do atleast 2 coats spaced around 15-20 minutes apart when initially applying the product.

Oh and the reference to the wipes that others have made... They are more for cleaning and maintaining than actual proper application of the product.

*EDIT* - for glass cleaner, I use Stoner's Invisible Glass. It works great.

Old 02-22-2007, 11:16 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

You might want to try an orbiltal buffer and really buff it into the glass. I've never had this problem with rainx either. If that does do it just take some minerial spirits to the windshield and remove it.

Old 02-22-2007, 12:27 PM
KLBlazer07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys.

Old 02-22-2007, 02:32 PM
Dabber is an unknown quantity at this point

I use the spray version twice a year (before and after winter) I apply same as Swartlkk apply wipe off then repeat. Never had a problem yet. I find it easier in the winter to get ice off.

Old 02-22-2007, 04:53 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Dory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the rough

Hmm I use their windshield wiper fluid...stuff is GREAT and no streaking. But the other stuff, i've used that. just gotta buff it like you would a wax on the paint. it'll lighten up and you wont see it anymore.

Old 07-16-2007, 11:20 AM
car54 is an unknown quantity at this point

I use it about once a month, but you need to clean your windsheild first. I use Brasso brass polish (get it at the grocery store) and a old cotton T-shirt. Clean the windshield first, then use the brasso, then clean the window again, then 2 coats of Rainex. That does the tricks for me and no streaking.

Old 07-17-2007, 05:18 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

I use the Rain-X wax too. I learned that you have to read the directions closely, says to remove with wet cloth. If you don't you can't get it off!

Quick Reply: Windshield Streaking