Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

1990 S10 Blazer. i want speeeed!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 11:59 PM
redhotxoxo96 is on a distinguished road
Default 1990 S10 Blazer. i want speeeed!

first of all, i just got this blazer and Im 16 and all. i want it to be like fast. it only registers 85 on the dash. any suggestions on what to do to it/ buy for it?

Last edited by rriddle3; 05-29-2013 at 06:35 AM. Reason: Removed references to street racing
Old 05-29-2013, 10:50 AM
Beginning Member
greencactus3 is on a distinguished road

switch to a km dash

Old 05-29-2013, 12:34 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by greencactus3
switch to a km dash
LOL

so dude,how big is your wallet? Your not going to get speed from a 19.99 air filter if thats what your mindset is on.

Old 05-30-2013, 07:37 AM
Starting Member
Rumblur is on a distinguished road

Listen.... I was 16 once, and you do NOT want to make this blazer haul ***. Here's a short list of reasons.
Speed = money.
Speed = breakage.
Speed = tickets, which equal insurance rates going through the roof.
Speed = death in a Blazer! It's a 30+ year old design, a design never intended to go over 60mph to be honest. Sure, it CAN go faster, but not stable. Plus your particular truck is 23 years old. That means your suspension parts are worn out or at the least deteriorated to the point of being dangerous over highway speed.
Speed = stupid, when it's your daily driver... if you have to depend on something, it's never a good idea to hot rod it. You want dependability first, and anything else 2nd.

Save your money, buy a crapped out Mustang or Camaro. Build it up. You'll need the Blazer to haul parts and ride in when your hot rod breaks down, which it will, guaranteed.

Old 05-30-2013, 09:14 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Rumblur
Listen.... I was 16 once, and you do NOT want to make this blazer haul ***. Here's a short list of reasons.
Speed = money.
Speed = breakage.
Speed = tickets, which equal insurance rates going through the roof.
Speed = death in a Blazer! It's a 30+ year old design, a design never intended to go over 60mph to be honest. Sure, it CAN go faster, but not stable. Plus your particular truck is 23 years old. That means your suspension parts are worn out or at the least deteriorated to the point of being dangerous over highway speed.
Speed = stupid, when it's your daily driver... if you have to depend on something, it's never a good idea to hot rod it. You want dependability first, and anything else 2nd.

Save your money, buy a crapped out Mustang or Camaro. Build it up. You'll need the Blazer to haul parts and ride in when your hot rod breaks down, which it will, guaranteed.
couldnt said it better.

Old 05-30-2013, 09:28 AM
slcblazer is on a distinguished road

If you don't plan on rebuilding it from the ground up, don't bother with trying to go fast. Like he said its 23 years old and would very easily break and kill you.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:10 PM
redhotxoxo96 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by chris015
LOL

so dude,how big is your wallet? Your not going to get speed from a 19.99 air filter if thats what your mindset is on.

I'm a chick, by the way.. And that's not what I had in mind, but thanks anyway, big boy.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:34 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

im glad i had a slow piece of crap when i was 16, everyone i knew in highschool with the 5.9 dakotas, camaros, mustangs, they all wrecked them or got speeding tickets, my junk would barely go 55.

but yeah there really isnt much you can do unless you want to spend thousands

Old 05-31-2013, 12:26 AM
Starting Member
armykyle1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by greencactus3
switch to a km dash
I loled

Old 06-18-2013, 09:55 PM
Baja Blazer 85 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by redhotxoxo96
first of all, i just got this blazer and Im 16 and all. i want it to be like fast. it only registers 85 on the dash. any suggestions on what to do to it/ buy for it?
The best thing you can do to a Blazer to make it go faster is to sell it and buy literally anything else.

They are awesome for back road romping, exploring, camping, and outdoors activities. And that's better, IMHO.

Quick Reply: 1990 S10 Blazer. i want speeeed!