Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

4.3L vortec Elec. Fan

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 01:11 PM
Beginning Member
SmoyMoose is on a distinguished road
Default 4.3L vortec Elec. Fan

does anyone have any helpful links to buy a elec fan kit and instructions to install it. also is it worth the money to get one?

Old 03-14-2010, 02:04 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You can search on here ("electric+fan"). I don't think you'll find a plug-n-play kit, but there are a few manufacturers that sell universal kits.

IMO, it is a waste of money. The stock fan is quite efficient and does a good job so long as the clutch is functioning properly.

Old 03-15-2010, 12:06 PM
Beginning Member

well ive been hearing this noise like "clunk" sound coming from the front of my rig and i noticed it only did it when the heat/AC(fan) was on turn it off and you wouldnt hear, i took it to a local garage after i got pissed off for hearing for so long, and they told me it was coming for the fan clutch and that its most likely on the way out, so ive been looking around for a replacement for it and someone sagested to look in to a elec. fan "spose to be better and cheaper" lol. any ideas? should i just put back the OEM part lol.

Old 03-15-2010, 12:21 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

i know that clunk!!!
it's when you have it set to defrost or A/C ... it's the clutch on the A/C compressor, it comes on & off regularilly?... mine was screaming on my '02 & that nasty clunk when it engages etc
i got new clutch for it last year & the day after i got the clutch it started working properly lol
at least i have it for when it does go down the crapper again

try driving without the dial on defrost or A/C, just floor heat & see if it happens, that'll let you know if it's the A/C clutch or not at least
OR unplug the wires ontop of the A/C compressor & drive it for a bit

Old 03-16-2010, 07:10 AM
Beginning Member

ive tried the fan on just floor, just vent(dash) and still same as if it was on defrost or ac. still that clunk sound. havent tried pluging the ac comp. yet that will be next i guess, over the weekend. lol