Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

4L60-E ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 07:26 PM
cheetah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 4L60-E ?'s

When I put the Blazer in reverse, it takes a second to go into reverse, then goes in, then it goes out and back and fourth. If I put the transmission into netural for ~20 seconds and then back into reverse, it works a lot better.

* There was plenty of fluid in the transmission and it did have a sort of red color to it It is my guess that the fluid had not been changed at all or only once.

* It goes into drive just fine, but I did not take the thing out on the road and see how it did because of the loose rod.

* She said it did sit for a while, how long IDK. Would that play a factor? To give you an idea, the plates expired in July 06.

Thank You

Old 03-12-2007, 08:03 PM
speeddemon560 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 4L60-E ?'s

What year Blazer is it?

Old 03-12-2007, 09:58 PM

I'm sorry, it is a 1996

Old 03-13-2007, 12:30 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Cheetah, you over at BonnevilleClub.com as well? Just askin' because you used a smilie from over there.

How does it react after being driven for a bit?

Old 03-13-2007, 03:24 AM

I am a member on BC and I posted this almost exact same question there. I had received some confusing answers to the question and though that BF may be a better place to post and get a better response.

I hope that the smiley is not upsetting anyone.

As for driving it, I have not really had the oppournity to. She was knocking really loud when I picked her up so there was not really a "test drive" so I have no idea about 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear. It was able to back its self on the trailer and drive its self off.The following morning in negative temps, it pulled right into the garage with out any problems.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:10 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

No worries on the smilie. Doesn't matter where you get them from.

I just read the threads on the subject over on BC to get a bit more background.

As far as the reverse engagement, my Bravada takes awhile most times as well. Best advice I can give you is to keep the fluid clean and to wait for it to engage before putting any pedal into it. Reverse shock is a quick killer of the sun-gear.

I've added a B&M transmission drain plug to my trans pan on both my '01 SSEi and my '00 Bravada. Fluid changes are quick, easy, and clean now. I'll be adding a new separator plate & a shift kit this summer on the Bravada. I'll let you know if that changes anything with my reverse delay.

Old 03-13-2007, 05:03 PM
cokeman277296 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a problem similar to that with my 97 4X4 Surburban. Turns out it was the shift sylinoid or however you spell it inside the tranny.

Old 03-13-2007, 07:33 PM

Cokeman, I assume that you had the 4L60-E in the Suburban? If it was, did you change that shift solenoid yourself?

Old 03-13-2007, 10:14 PM
cokeman277296 is an unknown quantity at this point

NO, it had more a more serious issue or I might have tried it. It would get stuck in 1st gear and when it did shift around 3 grand it would goto straight to 3rd and skip 2nd all together. And on top of the the tail housing where the drive shaft went in was cracked so it leaked something aweful. If I had the complete no how I would have.

Old 03-14-2007, 01:58 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Once you get the engine issues worked out, the tranny isues might be fixed as well. The tranny in your truck is controlled by input from engine snesors. If the engine is screwed up, it will affect the trannys performance.

I would do a tranny pan fluid change and replace one quart of tranny fluid with one quart of tranny treatment from like Lucas oil.

Quick Reply: 4L60-E ?'s