Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 09:26 PM
Baked is on a distinguished road
Default 86

I recently acquired an 86 S-10 Blazer that is almost 100% stock except the tires and a few minor suspension upgrades. I've been driving it around and while it runs alright, the little V6 just isn't cutting it by itself. I was just wondering what I could possibly add to gain some HP and have a better running truck (I'm kind of a newbie to cars)(And Yes I searched around a little, didn't really find what I wanted).

Old 04-08-2009, 09:59 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If it is the 2.8L, then about the only thing you can do is swap it for the 3.4L 60* v6. Beyond that and you are looking at a different transmission that will mount to a 90* V engine (4.3L v6 and the v8s).

Old 04-08-2009, 10:02 PM
Baked is on a distinguished road

Mmm.. I was worried a swap was the only way. Chevy wasn't thinking during the 80s haha...