Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

BIG puddle under blazer

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 01:27 AM
PER10DER is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BIG puddle under blazer

Ok, First post, bought a blazer today v6 for the wife. After driving today with the ac on there is a large puddle under the truck from dripping water. I know there is a drain line from the coil, but this is a big puddle. It's under the passenger side of the fire wall, and seens to be coming from the heater core. ( black plastic box, directly above and a little to the left of the exhaust manifold. I think that's the heater core anyway) I pulled back the foil insulation on the bottom of the box and used a mirror to see water dripping from the inside of the box (Core?)

Is this normal? I drive an import that hardly drips at all, but you can see the tube on my import coming out of the firewall.

Old 07-25-2006, 01:42 AM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: BIG puddle under blazer

like how big are we talking? I know theres some puddles under my truck after i have the AC on.

is it like HUGE or just like a fairly big puddle?

Old 07-25-2006, 01:49 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If it's pure water, it's COMPLETELY normal. Both my Bonneville and my Bravada drip like there is no tomorrow when its hot and humid outside. The humidity has a HUGE factor in how much condensation will drip off of the A/C evaporator.

Old 07-25-2006, 06:22 AM
Starting Member
lunatic_magnet is an unknown quantity at this point

as long as its water and not coolant you're fine.

Old 07-25-2006, 10:47 AM
PER10DER is an unknown quantity at this point

It's a big puddle, about 1/3 the size of the truck. And, it continues to drip for 1 hour or so after the truck is off. But, it is pure water with no smell and it's pretty cold. I live in NC where you drown just breathing the air outside because of the humidity. I have a 30 day warranty from carmax but, I will listen to you guys and call it normal. Thanks for all the replies.

Old 07-25-2006, 11:36 AM
blazerxtreme1 is an unknown quantity at this point

here is a thought taste it! j/k well maybe just a dip on the finger wouldnt hurt[sm=smiley26.gif]

Old 07-25-2006, 03:08 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

does it look like coolant or is it pure water?

Old 07-25-2006, 03:17 PM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: jagblazer01

does it look like coolant or is it pure water?
He answered that it is in fact pure water.

Old 08-31-2006, 12:04 AM
blazerlt96 is an unknown quantity at this point

It does not sound like a problem, but with a warranty I would get anything checked out. No since in wasteing a good warranty.

Old 08-31-2006, 12:06 AM
1996BZR is an unknown quantity at this point

yea taste it!! if it tastes sweet, it's antifreeze. j/k don't taste it! It's probably just condensation from the a/c. Try driving it around with the a/c off for a while and see if it still drips.

Quick Reply: BIG puddle under blazer