Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

Blang Blang under the hood?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 03:59 AM
Ugly_Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Blang Blang under the hood?

Some will say Im crazy, but I want some eyecandy under the hood. I have searched my but off and I cant find jack. So...

Anyone know where I can find:

Colored Ignition wires
Colored hoses

and the killer... Colored serpentine belt.

All of course for a 1996' 4.3L Vortec Vin "W"

Im hoping for quality aswell, but I supose as long as its not crap it will work. I guess I havnt decided for sure, just got a wild hair!

Old 02-06-2009, 10:09 PM
speedfiend is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Blang Blang under the hood?

ok msd makes wire's for that motor... as for belts never heard of colored one's... and take a trip down to auto zone or a parts store and get high temp paint and start sanding and painting parts... and polishing them...

Old 02-06-2009, 10:57 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Or take a look at Summit Racing.

Old 02-07-2009, 05:16 AM
Ugly_Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Thought about the painting, or I guess I should say dyeing, what I was talkin about was the rubber hoses and such. kinda figured it would damage em to dye, so was hopin to find stuff for our trucks. I have no trouble finding all these things for rice burners, but not our trucks! Ill check the summit link too.

Old 02-07-2009, 07:45 AM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

couple ideas im doing, I got red silicon vaccuum hose from autozone and am about to pull all the split conduit stuff off wiring and replace it with green air brake hose (same with brake and fuel lines) here's what the air brake hose looks like:

I got this from the scrap ******* at work they were gonna throw it away because the print on it was the wrong size, as for putting it over wiring yu would probably have to split it down the side like the original plastic conduit is but im going a different route after 10 years of building wiring harnesses for public transportation buses and semi trucks I have all the little "poppers" for pulling the original wire terminal ends out of their plastic connectors and reinserting them so im going to do it that wqay then just snake the wiring through the still solid tubing (granted if I have wiring issues in the future this will make it a pita to track down BUT will make it way less likely a simple rubbing in the wrong spot will cause a short).
Hope some of this rambling gives you some ideas.