Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

a/c removal

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 04:33 AM
S10salvation1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default a/c removal

I was looking for a way to remove the a/c compresser, replacing the serpentine belt with a smaller one and putting a new pulley on in place of the compresser. Where can i find an a/c delete kit or a pulley to put in place of the compresser?

Old 12-09-2005, 07:54 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: a/c removal

What year and engine are we talking about? It makes a difference. I don't think that A/C became standard until 96-97. You probably wouldn't even need to use a delete pulley if your year had optional A/C. Just get the belt from the parts store that lines up w/o A/C.

Old 12-09-2005, 01:49 PM

its a 1998... im pretty sure a/c was standard

Old 12-09-2005, 03:39 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty sure it was too, doesn't mean that the S10 also came standard with A/C. The belt that you will need is an 87" belt (stock w/ A/C is 95"). I don't know how the routing will go, but I'm searching for the answer for you.

Old 12-09-2005, 03:43 PM
Administrator

Now, this may require you to change the front accessory mounting bracket, probably only the drivers side one.

It is possible that you may have to have someone make up an A/C delete pulley. I'll like you to one that is made for a Grand Prix, but you may be able to use it.

#1 = No A/C
[IMG]local://upfiles/667/D69E609CC99442C89A5768EF752D19CD.gif[/IMG]
#2 = A/C
[IMG]local://upfiles/667/BA00C9F2860D43DAA283EF30DD838F95.gif[/IMG]

Just because Blazers came standard with it does not mean that all vehicles that utilize the 4.3L came standard with it. I believe it was still an option on the S10s and the C/K1500's that came with the 4.3L.

Old 12-09-2005, 03:46 PM

I already have the smaller belt, but it doesn't clear the water pump pulley if i simply bypass the a/c compresser. It still has slack on it to so i def. need to put something in place of the compresser if i take it out. Theres a bolt hole underneath the a/c compresser where i think i can mount a pulley but im looking for an easier way then just going ot the junk yard and trying to find something that works.

Old 12-09-2005, 03:49 PM

Ya i figured the bolt hole was for the models w/o a/c i just need a pulley that fits there.

Old 12-09-2005, 03:53 PM
Administrator

Doesn't get much easier than grabbing a pulley from a junker... Well, I suppose you could order a new pulley from a dealership...

Old 12-09-2005, 04:03 PM

Ya i figured the bolt hole was for the models w/o a/c i just need a pulley that fits there.

Old 12-09-2005, 04:04 PM

Ya but i cna't find hte pulley fro mthe dealerships all that comes up is the a/c compresser pulley, no a/c by pass pulleys.

Quick Reply: a/c removal