Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

Compression Ratio Question?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 10:22 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Compression Ratio Question?

Was all of the name calling truely necessary? Come on...

Old 02-27-2007, 05:56 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

ORIGINAL: 2000BlazerSS

I only say that because you have to be brain dead not to know that back in 1967,68 and 69 they made a "few" 302 Z-28's. But then kids today..........................................

So I'm brain dead for not researching a car I've never seen in my life, and never will... Got'cha! lol.

I think if I was going to do any major mods like that, I'd try and get an aluminum plenum or battleship... Aren't ours made of plastic?

Old 02-27-2007, 10:37 PM
Jackal is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

Was all of the name calling truely necessary? Come on...

No doubt what did i do for you to hate me so much2000BlazerSS!?! Sorry to the rest of you guys for causin problems here.

Old 02-27-2007, 11:22 PM
Jackal is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah this is the article you are refering to 2000BlazerSS to... http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/th...chevy_history/

But they also put the 302 in newer vehicles.

Can i also take a pole on what everyone thinks a "KID" is??
Cause to me a kid is at most an 18yr oldwhich means that he was born in 1989. Not 1969 which is 20yrs earlier...i'm so blown away why2000BlazerSS is so angry?

Old 02-28-2007, 02:48 AM
2000BlazerSS is an unknown quantity at this point

If your near 40 and never heard of a 1967, 68, or 69 Z-28 Camaro your, uh, can't say it, but you are. And Chevy never made a 302 after or before the 67-69. Your thinking of the OTHER 302, built from 1968 to 1993. Hey J_rkle, YOUR the one bragging how smart you are, how many engines you've built, how much you know.

PS: double check those pistons, measure the diameter, are they 4 inches?, or 3 and 7/8ths?. An eighth inch smaller.

drperry: if you've never seen a 1967,68 or 69 Z-28 Camaro you'll have to keep your eyes closed for the rest of your life when you read Chevy magazines. They made 600 Z-28's in 1967, 1st year, 8000 in 68 and 23,000 in 1969 (don't hold me to those being EXACT, but those numbers are close enough).

swartz: mr knowitall never heard of a 67-69 Z-28?. drperry never saw one and never will?. Chevy built OTHER 302's?. And you wonder why I call him names?. OK. I won't

Old 02-28-2007, 08:12 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

ORIGINAL: 2000BlazerSS

drperry: if you've never seen a 1967,68 or 69 Z-28 Camaro you'll have to keep your eyes closed for the rest of your life when you read Chevy magazines. They made 600 Z-28's in 1967, 1st year, 8000 in 68 and 23,000 in 1969 (don't hold me to those being EXACT, but those numbers are close enough).
By seen, I don't particularly mean "oooo look, there's one!" I meant more of actually getting my hands on one, driving one, or planning on owning one. Am I going to go nuts and research a car I'll only ever see in a magazine or driving down the street? NO. There's no practical point to it. Same reason I didn't come to this board until I got a Blazer, lol. I don't religously browse car magazine racks, and I live in oil patch country, I've been in this city for 10 years, and I've seen ONE Camaro that's older than 1980.

And I know quite a few people who couldn't tell a 68 Camaro from a 68 Mustang... Why? Because their tastes don't cover muscle cars. But of course, that must mean they're total and utter.... non-intelligent people, by your standards, as it sounds.

Old 02-28-2007, 10:03 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Fact of the matter is that berating other members (ie. calling names) is against our forum rules and I shouldn't have to remind everyone of these rules, but here it is. I have taken the liberty to highlight a few key words/phrases:
2. While debating and discussion is fine, respect your fellow enthusiasts. Being of a diverse background, members are likely to express different opinions, and while opinions may differ from yours, they are just that, opinions; and everyone is entitled to express theirs freely. We will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, or personal attacks. Do not flame, bother, bug, disrespect, hound or taunt ANYONE on the forums or through private messaging or chat room. If we feel a thread is getting out of hand we will close or delete it. You can/will lose your posting privileges if you continue this type of behavior.

So please respect one another.

Someone may know a lot more on a particular topic, but if that person comes across as a pompous, self-proclaimed know-it-all (even if said person is very knowledgable), that person will not be as respected for their knowledge as they would be if their delivery were different.

Anyway, we have gone way off topic. Please discuss the topic at hand if further discussion is necessary. Thank you.