Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

e3 spark plugs

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 10:41 PM
kevin turner is on a distinguished road
Default e3 spark plugs

Anyone tried them?

Old 03-01-2010, 10:43 PM
packofqtips is an unknown quantity at this point

waste of money
stick to the ac delco plugs the truck calls for

Old 03-01-2010, 11:04 PM
jdespain is on a distinguished road

My truck had them in it when I got it- couldn't tell any difference.

Old 03-02-2010, 01:29 AM

I watch alot of horse power tv the show on spike. They done a test on the spark plugs aganist the laeding spark plug. The differnce was 8 hp and 14ft of tourqe. Its dyno proven, I payed 300 bucks for my cold air intake for 7 extra horses. I just thought a few extra horses might be worth 30 bucks. I like cheap horse power if it works...lol

Old 03-02-2010, 06:38 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Thing is... They didn't tell you what the competitor was. Nor did they do repeated runs with either plug. I can show you the same engine run multiple times that can have swings of that much.

They also did not elude to any life expectancy and rightfully so. I can guarantee you that they will not last as long as the AC Delco Double Platinum plugs. The materials are not conducive to long life. So pay for them if you want, but you will be replacing them in 20-30k miles. IMO, they are way over priced hype and nothing more. If they really were that good, they would already be in your engine from the factory. Every manufacture would be using them.

Old 03-02-2010, 01:29 PM
04CVLXsport is on a distinguished road

Yea the ol tornado air cleaner insert was supposedly worth a so called dyno proven HP too.. it was junk, Don't believe the hype.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:29 PM

Thanks for the info guys. Im always up for somthing new..lol. Ive been running ngks best plug. Witch would be better acdelco or the ngks? Some people also talk about the champion plugs( I think...champion plugs and acdelco plugs are made by the same people..not for sure about this just read it somewhere).

Last edited by kevin turner; 03-02-2010 at 09:33 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:50 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

You can't go wrong with, and probably can't do better than, AC/Delco double platinums.

Old 03-02-2010, 11:00 PM

Thanks guys for the info on the plugs.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:59 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

GM actually used AC Delco DP's & NGK DP's from the factory. I have done a number of supposedly untouched engines that were NGK plugs. They are quite good as well.

I have even pulled plugs from an untouched engine that were AC Delco in one head and NGK in the other. This particular truck was my uncles and I did every oil change on it from the day it was new. At 65k miles, he wanted to give it a tune up. That was the first unscheduled maintenance the truck ever had performed on it.

Currently I am using the AC Delco Iridium plugs in my Rainier. Before that I had a set of NGK's (~15k miles on them when I pulled them). I screw around with things to see how they run. Absolutely no difference between the AC Delco Premium Iridium plugs and the NGK Laser Iridium (both have iridium center electrodes with a platinum tipped ground electrode). And the 15k NGK Ir plugs looked perfect when I pulled them. With both, I noticed a slightly smoother idle, but no real other benefits over the AC Delco DP plugs that were in it from the factory and only had 32k miles on them when pulled.

Quick Reply: e3 spark plugs