Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

G Force Peformance Chip

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 10:48 AM
Starting Member
if6was9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default G Force Peformance Chip

Anyone using one of these GF Performance Chips in their Blazer or other vehicle?

CHEVROLET S-10 BLAZER GF Peformance Chip

Old 08-03-2012, 11:20 AM
Starting Member

Never mind, found some negative stuff on them. I'll look into re-flashing the ECU.

Old 08-03-2012, 05:55 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

2nd gens don't take chips.

Mass produced chips are junk for 1st gens.

In general I would stay away from anybody selling one for all tune/chip. You can take two completely same sized engines using the same parts and they will not produce the exact same numbers. A tune/chip has to be for the exact engine. While you can mail order, install, dyno, mail back, return, re install, re dyno, and repeat untill its right that gets to be costly and a pita. Best to find a tuner that can dyno and tune on the spot.

Old 08-04-2012, 06:47 PM
Starting Member

I've read where this chip fools the MAS and 'tells' the CPU it's getting colder air than actual. Claims are filled against to company.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:52 PM
kkoerner is on a distinguished road

You'd think that with a computer controlled vehicle it would only be fooled for a while before the computer checked other parameters and adjusted accordingly, I got my blazer 4 months ago and have done basic bolt-on's and have heard really good things about wait4me performance, they take your factory computer and tune it to your specific specs and ship it back.. on a DD this may be a bit harder but I'm going to give this a shot, i highly douby you'll gain 60 horse and 9mpgs but i'm sure it'll peppen the step. plus IIRC he does it for $160, maybe something to consider?

Old 08-05-2012, 01:26 AM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

^^ yeah i did it and i like it. Its a pretty good deal and you get free life time re-tunes

Old 10-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Starting Member
moshpits is on a distinguished road

All you have to do is go to radio shack get a 85,000 ohm resistor for about 50 cents and bridge it across the IAT sensor wires and wah-la the same thing they are selling. It basically gives the current two paths which tells the ECU the intake air is much colder than it is.. the result is more HP. There are no other peramiters which the ecu can check to correct it. If you have a scan gauge II or one that gives real time data you can get a variable resistance POT and adjust it accordingly.. that's how I have mine setup and it works great.

Old 10-18-2012, 05:51 PM
hellblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

i used to have one on my blazer last year.put it on and i could feel the difference rite away even the wife noticed it.i took it off this year cause i thought i was having problems wit it.it was running sh---- big time come to find out it was my fuel injectors all along.

Old 11-27-2012, 10:01 PM
kjoskjos is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by moshpits
All you have to do is go to radio shack get a 85,000 ohm resistor for about 50 cents and bridge it across the IAT sensor wires and wah-la the same thing they are selling. It basically gives the current two paths which tells the ECU the intake air is much colder than it is.. the result is more HP. There are no other peramiters which the ecu can check to correct it. If you have a scan gauge II or one that gives real time data you can get a variable resistance POT and adjust it accordingly.. that's how I have mine setup and it works great.
Moshpits, i am intrigued. How did you come up with 85K for a resistance value? And has anything like running temp or what not changed? I am thinking about this but I cant find theIAT sensor. got a pic of where to look. Thanks

Old 11-28-2012, 01:47 AM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

It will fool it to reading a cooler intake temp but once it starts dumping excess fuel the o2 sensor will pick that up and lean it out where its supposed to be. No power increase past the first 10 minutes. Any increases are wishful thinking cause nobody likes to waste money and wants to see results. Even if it did work the gains would be so small unless on a dyno you would never "feel" it. Be like claiming swapping to a k&n alone made noticable power gains you could "feel".

Quick Reply: G Force Peformance Chip